Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RVT file access issue

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
charlv
1357 Views, 7 Replies

RVT file access issue

Hi all,

Please see attached screenshot of a RVT file access issue that has crept in recently upon saving the file. It seems someone else is using the file but there is only one revit user in the office?

Any ideas what could cause this? and to fix?

Thanks, Charl.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
LisaDrago
in reply to: charlv

You have worksharing started for a project that only one person is working in?

The only time this should show up is when more then one person is trying to save the file at the same time.

are you on subscription? if you are download the worksharing monitor - it iwll show you what is happening in the file as you are saving.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 8
charlv
in reply to: LisaDrago

Hi,

The project does not worksharing enabled, thats the strange part. Their is also only 1 user of Revit in the office at this stage.

It is a NLM license, could it be looking for the lic server?

Message 4 of 8
LisaDrago

Well that certainly is odd. Being networked would not bring that kind of message. It would tell you it could not find a license and then not open.

Have you run an audit on the file? 

Are you on subscription? If so, you can put a tech support ticket in directly with autodesk about this. If you are not on subscription - contact your reseller and have them do it.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 5 of 8
charlv

Thanks will do.

Message 6 of 8
redmccman

This happens to me all the time and while I have worksharing enabled for all, I am the only one currently on the project.  It is merely a sign to tell you and all who might be in the project that it cant be accessed until its done making the changes it needs.  At least thats is what I think and from what I have read.  I know I am the only one on the project and this seems to always happen at a partcular time of day when the network is slow. 

Message 7 of 8
rosskirby

Did this person by any chance happen to work on the file from two different computers at any point?  Either way, go to the Options in Revit and make sure that the Username on the general tab matches the user's Windows login name.

I've seen this issue in a multi-user environment, but not in a single-user environment, so my solution may not apply.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 8 of 8
charlv
in reply to: rosskirby

Hi the issue in this case was a security issue between Windows 7 and XP PCs. Here is the fix :

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/11/file-is-being-accessed-by-someone-else-and-is-not-a...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report