Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

running Revit architecture on a mac

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lee
Explorer
972 Views, 2 Replies

running Revit architecture on a mac

As I am about to upgrade my student version of Revit 2012 to 2013 I would like some advice on the best configration/requirement to run Revit efficiently. Previously I have run Revit on an Imac using Parrallels but I experienced memory issues when rendering. I am switching across to my Mac tower computer OSX with the following:   (Dual-Core Intel Xeon, Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz, Number Of Processors: 2, Total Number Of Cores: 4, L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB, Memory: 5 GB, Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz, Boot ROM Version: MP11.005D.B00), I just dont want any problems with my other graphic design work on my computer - my income stream. Is the above configuration of my Mac tower ok for maximum Revit result or should I look at a new PC just for Revit? Please note I am not a tech head and will have to get a technician to transfer Parrallels and Revit  to my tower if it is ok. I just dont want to spend dollars unnecassarily as I am a architectural student.

Lee

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lee
Explorer
in reply to: lee

Can anyone hlp with my initial question please?

Message 3 of 3
gra
Community Visitor
in reply to: lee

Hi Lee

Did you ever get a solution to the below problem w Revit on a mac? I have the exact same problem you had, even down to the studying archetecture and punching out graphics for cash! quite funny ..

Best regards,

gra

gra@sutchandsutch.com.au

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report