Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTE File to RVT

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ennujozlagam
9623 Views, 7 Replies

RTE File to RVT

hi Guys, Is there a way that rte folder (as attached) can be transferred/copy to existing RVT files? Thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
L.Maas
in reply to: ennujozlagam

RTE files are template files. I do not think you can convert them to RVT (Project files).

I think it will be a matter of opening the templates and then save as project.

I expect with the help of the API you could program something that will automate the task.

I wonder what is your reason to convert templates to projects?

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 8
ennujozlagam
in reply to: L.Maas

Hi Enlint, thank you for your reply, i Know what you mean. The reason is that i have already drawned the building in revit (rvt files) and suddenly the client wants to use their RTE template (based on their standard). We have already used  our office template that is required to used for Authorities submission here. I have also tried to transfer the rte (folder)  to rvt by using copy to clipboard it works only the problem is that it didnt copy exactly into the folder . Any thoughts? thank you

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 8
David_W_Koch

How far are you in the file you have started?  Is it just the model, or have you done a lot of annotation and created a lot of sheets?  If it is mostly model work to date, you could start a new project from the owner's template file and then copy/paste your model into it.  (You will proabably want to set up levels in the new project to match those in the one you have started before doing the cut/paste.)

If you have a lot of annotation and/or sheets started, you may want to try starting a new project with the owner's template, opening your project file and then using Manage > Transfer Project Standards to bring in the styles and settings from the owner's template into your file.  You will have some additional work applying those standards to the work already done, to the extent that they involve items with custom names that do not exist in your template file.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 8
ennujozlagam
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Hi David, thank you for your reply, very much appreciated. I know and i have a knowledged of what you have suggested thank you for that.. Anyway i managed to transfer the folder/sub folder from RTE template to my RVT files. My question now if there is a way that i can change the folder name G to 00-Genaral (please see attached) ? thank you..

Message 6 of 8
ennujozlagam
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Hi David, thank you for your reply, very much appreciated. I know and i have a knowledged of what you have suggested thank you for that.. Anyway i managed to transfer the folder/sub folder from RTE template to my RVT files. My question now if there is a way that i can change the folder name G to 00-Genaral (please see attached) ? thank you..

Message 7 of 8
maciejwypych

Hi,
Open your project and the RTE template.
Go to your project.
Go to Manage> Transfer Project Standards.
Check Browser Organization and Project Parameters and click OK

Now, go to the RTE file. Check which Browser Organisation setting is being used, go to your project file and select the same setting as the RTE file has for views and sheets.

Check which parameters are being used for grouping and sorting.
You may need to populate the values for the parameters in your project (if it's a custom parameter) or change the names of the views/sheets to have the same headings as the RTE file.
Message 8 of 8
ennujozlagam
in reply to: maciejwypych

hI maciej, Thank you for your reply. yup  i already solved my problem by creating parameters.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report