Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPC for Revit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
SvetlanaPark
620 Views, 4 Replies

RPC for Revit

Good day!
How should I download RPC on Revit? Should I use template for RPC?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sbrown
in reply to: SvetlanaPark

yes, or open one of the OOTB families using RPC and repath them to your RPC content. Note make sure in your Settings>file locations you point the libraries to wherever you plan to store your RPC content.
Message 3 of 5
billy007

The problem I had is that when you re-path to your new RPC that you want to use like take the default VW Bug car and duplicate and re-path to your new car you have in your RPC there really is no way to get a TOP VIEW for your new RPC car! So in your site plan you have 10 cars and all look like a VW Bug until you render it? If anybody has a way to get the TOP VIEW of RPC cars to look like that car let me know! I do not want to edit the VW Bug top view and try to make it look another RPC Car!

So I went and repathed all of our existing RPC library over 200 items and some you can't add to Revit walking people don't work & I think Hi-Res RPC don't work so you will have to look on RPC site there is a list of RPC that will not work in REVIT so good luck.
Message 4 of 5
sbrown

You have to draw symbol lines or insert a dwg block. RPC's have NO symbol built into them.
Message 5 of 5
billy007

YEA Right like I really have time for that! LOL

The only way is I downloaded the MVIEW blocks that you can get for RPC for Autocad 2008 version and I could use those blocks BUT I have not been able to, beside open them in 2008 and look at them. Should be able to use them in Revit but we'll see!

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report