Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounding up length parameters

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sigurjon81
14592 Views, 3 Replies

Rounding up length parameters

Hi

I am making a Schedules for metal flashings that i have added to my project. I have not had any problems using shared parameters to get the length of my line based families and everything is working fine.

But now comes the tricky part. I need to somehow add a parameter that would roundup my real lengths to my production lengths. f.eks i have couple flashings that are 2569mm And what i would like the schedule to show is that I have couple of 3000mm flashings.

Is anyone getting me?

I have been reading about formular but havent really found the answer so i was hoping somone here could help?

Regards

Sigurjón

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: sigurjon81

You have to do a little bit of unit manipulation with a formula, but you can force the rounding to a specific increment. Below is an example.

Parameter Name        Value          Formula                                                        

TrueLength          |  2569 mm  |  = 

RoundedLength  |  3000 mm  |  =  roundup(TrueLength / 500 mm) * 500 mm

The above parameter, "RoundedLength", will return the value of "TrueLength" rounded up to the nearest 500 mm.

⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗
Welcome to the Autodesk forums, sigurjon81!
Feel free to post any questions you may have! There are many experienced users here who generously contribute their time and effort to supporting
their peers. This is an open, peer-supported forum, so feel free to contribute any useful information or experiences to any of the topics you see here.
We hope you'll stick around a while and help strengthen the value of this community!
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Be sure to review the Ground Rules, visit the FAQ Forum, and use the Search feature prior to posting a question, as it's likely been asked before.
⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
peterlyh
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Quick question.

I am using 2011 version, which doesn't have the "roundup" function. Is there any way to do that in 2011?

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: peterlyh

peterlyh wrote:

"Quick question.

I am using 2011 version, which doesn't have the "roundup" function. Is there any way to do that in 2011?"

I believe that you can. I don't currently have 2011 to test with, but this should work. You will need to add a third parameter as an Integer to force the number to round. This will also add a little extra formula work to force it to specifically round up.

Parameter Name        Value          Formula                                                                                                                                               

TrueLength          |  2569 mm  |  = 

IntegerLength     |  5              |  =  TrueLength / 500 mm

RoundedLength  |  3000 mm  |  =  IntegerLength * 500 mm + if(IntegerLength * 500 mm < TrueLength , 500 mm, 0 mm)

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report