Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

round mullions in ornamental courtyard gate

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bhpka
961 Views, 2 Replies

round mullions in ornamental courtyard gate

I have to create a decorative Gate for a building,

I tried to use a curtainwall but I can't figure out how to make a round mullion or an angled mullion.

Can anyone help??

The shape is basically a circle with an X thru it inside a square, that repeats several times.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: bhpka

Yes, custom shapes for mullions are possible, round, angled,...  You need to define a closed shape that Revit can understand as the sketch for an extrusion using the curtain mullion profile template. Once you open the template, there will be some messages that explain how Revit "cuts" the panel when it intersects the profile.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
ccollins
in reply to: bhpka

You might also consider using a Railing, and create a custom Baluster Family for the gate.

If the Gate needs to swing like a door, you might also consider using a custom Door Family inside the curtainwall

as you first suggest.

A nice trick is you can highlight the curtain panel using the Tab key, then replace it with either a custom curtain wall door, or-- replace it with a Wall ( Duplicate a wall type and create a new one with a very thin thickness ).

You can then insert a "normal" door into the curtainwall--into the "wall" that is in place of the curtain panel.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report