Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rough Wall Openings

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
PhilvK
954 Views, 3 Replies

Rough Wall Openings

I would like my window (and door) families to include a rough width that will cut a masonry opening in a wall. To do that, I created a test family and put a formula on the Rough Width line that says Width + 4”. The Type Properties window shows the opening correctly, but there is nothing showing in my “project” where the rough opening would/should be, and that I can dimension to.  Is there a video or other type of tutorial that shows what the proper procedure should be to do this?

Thanks,

Phil

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alaaeldin_Alsahli
in reply to: PhilvK

When you say the word (showing), Do you mean

Showing the parameter in the properties palette 

or

showing the rough opening in the model to snap dimension it

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 3 of 4
PhilvK
in reply to: Alaaeldin_Alsahli

I mean "showing the rough opening in the model to snap dimension it".

Thanks, Phil

Message 4 of 4
Alaaeldin_Alsahli
in reply to: PhilvK

Then assign the reference plane as strong ones to be able to snap dimensioning it

• strong reference has the highest priority for dimensioning and snapping. For example, you create a window family and place it into a project. As you are placing the family, temporary dimensions snap to any strong references in the family. When you select the family in the project, temporary dimensions appear at the strong references. If you place a permanent dimension, the strong references in the window geometry highlight first. A strong reference takes precedence over a wall reference point (such as its centerline).

The list below is considered as strong References

• Strong Reference
  • Left
  • Center (Left/Right)
  • Right
  • Front
  • Center (Front/Back)
  • Back
  • Bottom
  • Center (Elevation)

refre.png

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report