Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotated railing as "bar" element

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
heterarch
713 Views, 0 Replies

Rotated railing as "bar" element

We're trying to create a railing for a contemporary monumental stair where the railing system (tube steel framing with expanded metal panels continuous, which i've already created and works very nicely in most places..) will run the length of the stair and appear as a rectilinear bar design element. In other words, the posts should be perpendicular to the stair angle, the rails should all be parallel, and the whole system should extend past the bottom and top in such a way that all corners are right angles.. I've tried about 1000 different ways, and the closest I seem to be able to get is to get the posts perp, but the railings all begin and end vertically projected to the stair..
I would really really appreciate some help in defeating this insane monster that has been tormenting me for the past couple of weeks...
I've attached a view of how the system SHOULD work.. the railing system in the back is what I want to apply to the stairs, while the panel on the stair is just a wall whose profile I've edited to approximate what we want to accomplish..
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report