Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate Beam about it's Axis?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
craig
1646 Views, 3 Replies

Rotate Beam about it's Axis?

I would like to use the double angle beam to represent the steel lintel over a garage door in a double wyithe masonry wall system.

The problem is that the Revit supplied double angle beam has the back-to-back vertical legs of the angles pointing downward and not upward as is common.

My attempts to rotate the beam on its axis 180°, to direct the back-to-back vertical legs upward, are ignored by the program.

I am unable to find any other controls and program which would allow me to represent the steel being appropriately.

Has anyone found a way to represent this?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
andrewg07
in reply to: craig

What I did was to take the LL Double Angle family, & invert the beams in the family.

I posted the new family & catalog file in the Revit customer files section, if you'd like to try it.
Message 3 of 4
craig

If you are referring to the Autodesk Revit customer Gallery, a search for your username found zero results.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

It's in the revit.community.customer-files newsgroup "Craig Cernek" wrote in message news:5744845.1078156688566.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > If you are referring to the Autodesk Revit customer Gallery, a search for your username found zero results.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report