Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rooms not converting via IFC to ArchiCAD

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
123eiliseb
836 Views, 3 Replies

Rooms not converting via IFC to ArchiCAD

Hi, 

I'm using a model produced in Revit 2011, exporting as an IFC and opening in ArchiCAD 15.

I have found most elements come through fine but have found only half of the rooms in the building are coming through into ArchiCAD as zones.

Some don't come through at all and others are being cut into strange shapes which don't reflect how they look in Revit.

Has anyone else had this problem or know how it might be solved?

I have attached some images to illustrate the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I have been frequently exporting and importing models between Archi CAD and Revit and has so far quite good results in conversion. Especially from Revit to ArchiCAD you may encounter little issues and small pitfalls, but overall it just works OK.

Message 3 of 4
123eiliseb
in reply to: 123eiliseb

I have now found a solution to this problem...it is a problem with ArchiCAD rather than Revit or the IFC export.

ArchiCAD cannot handle multi-height rooms therefore they will not appear when a Revit model is taken into ArchiCAD.

A work around is to change the room area and volume computation settings to area only in Revit before you create the IFC.

Message 4 of 4
pyziu
in reply to: hitechengineering

Hi, Could you please advise how to export from archicad to Revit? In Revit i do not see archicad zones (room numbers, heights etc). Thx in advance. Kamil

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report