Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rooms Merging & constrained Heights

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
MarkFarrell10
674 Views, 9 Replies

Rooms Merging & constrained Heights

We have building that has 2 issues

1) The toilets are a large space with the cubicles as 100mm floor to ceiling walls, so when we create the room for the toilet it excludes the wcs from the area, How can I include these  within the room/area zone.

2) The floors within the building step up and down (i.e level has 3 levels 4.1, 4.4 & 3.8) and accordingly the ceiling/underside of slab in the rooms on the level below vary. Can I constrain the height of the room so it automatically goes to the underside of the slab. As at the moment it will either goes to a floor level that you must specify ie level  1 and it is the top of the slab not the bottom. Some of the rooms actually have the change in level in the ceiling so you have 2 ceiling/room heights.

Thank You

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

try this:

1. select the walls that separate the spaces you want to merge and from Properties >uncheck Room Bounding. These walls will be not took in consideration when calculated room area....it will be a single room.
  2. Architecture > Room and Area > Area and Volume Computation > Computation > check Areas and Volumes..... The height of the room will adjust to the roof, ceiling or floor underside
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 10

Thank you

That has worked on both counts.

The devil is in the detail of the settings.

Cheers

Message 4 of 10

Same building differant issue, on one Plan it it has 3 floor levels 4.4m, 4.6m & 4.77m the constrainted level is 4.4m, and i can put rooms on this level, but it will not put/recogonise the rooms/space on the level that, in fact it highs the rooms on the level below.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Message 5 of 10

If you use the setting of Areas and Volumes Computation, then the room snaps vreticaly automaticaly to floors even this is not aligned with the Level  ..Is that what you wanted?

Image 6.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 6 of 10

We have got to the bottom of the issue, but have an unsatisfactory answer.

the main level for the floor is 4.4m there are 2 wings with a level of 4.66m & 4.7m. if you work on the plan "level 1" which is at 4.4m the only rooms you can place are the ones on that level, as it look for the next bit of structure which is the floors slab of 4.66m & 4.7m. when it hits the slab it looks at the underside of the slab and highlighs the rooms below as the space.

If we create a plan at level 4.7m it will select all the rooms. however the room volume only starts at 4.7m level not 4.4m. so we have to make our primary level 4.7m to achive what we need to do. This level is only 20% of the floor and it makes more sence to have the 4.4m level the primary one for the project.

I hope this makes secne

Cheers.

Message 7 of 10

Hello. 

I have a problem with a room . it is divided in 3 part , and I can find the lines that divide them. I am new in revit and online I didn t find how to merge this 3 spaces in one. csome help please. 

Message 8 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: petru.ungvart

@petru.ungvart wrote:

Hello. 

I have a problem with a room . it is divided in 3 part , and I can find the lines that divide them. I am new in revit and online I didn t find how to merge this 3 spaces in one. csome help please. 

VG > Turn On: Lines > Room Separation Lines.  Then delete the 2 room separation lines splitting the room.

Message 9 of 10
petru.ungvart
in reply to: ToanDN

hello. thank you for the answer , but I made visible all the elements from VN and Graphic display. I don t know what to do anymore. maybe it is a error. The thing is that I need that the area of the room to be real like in the plans, to calculate for HVAC . I don't understand . 

Message 10 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: petru.ungvart

Share your file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report