Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rooms and Vaults and False Ceilings?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
amontri
403 Views, 2 Replies

Rooms and Vaults and False Ceilings?

Hi,

I have some areas that contain false ceilings under a vault.  How should I consider the space between the false ceiling and the vault for energy simulations?  

And why is that sometimes, even when there is a ceiling, the Rooms aren't bounded by the ceilings?

Also, when I assign Rooms to areas without false ceilings but with just a vaulted ceiling, the Room area doesn't fill to the top of the vault, but to the foot of the vault.  Is this something I will just have to accept as an approximation when I perform energy simulations?

Sorry for the bombardment in one post!  Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: amontri

1) Make a space or room in between the ceiling and the roof/slab.

2) Make sure the ceiling is set to "room bounding".

3) Activate "areas and volumes" in Room and Area Computation.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
amontri
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Hi,

Thanks for the response. The ceilings are set to room bounding, but it looks as though it's really finicking about how the ceilings are drawn.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report