Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roombook for Revit 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
password5
1262 Views, 4 Replies

Roombook for Revit 2014

Has anyone been using roombook extension?

I am currently doing Room Layout package. We have the Furniture model seperate due to the size and the views that need to be created (too much for the Building model file to stay organised). So I have linked in the building into my furniture file, but the issue with other group before when trying to generate a furniture schedule, it just refuse to acknowledge the room ( I could place room tag on my Furniture model, but on the schedule, the Room name would be empty, and all the furniture listed) which exists in the Main Building model. Eventually, I started having room and room tag in my Furniture model. 

Heard about Roombook extension today and just wondering, will roombook calculate the material/finishes on the linked Main building Model? It only works when room exist, which would be in the furniture model, but the material/ finishes will be in the Main Building.

And is there any other issues other people encounter while using Roombook extension?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: password5

Never found a need to use Roombook....but your issue with the furniture not seeing the rooms is because rooms are not link aware for other families. So you have to have your furniture/equipment in the same model as the rooms.
Message 3 of 5
password5
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there, thank you for the reply. 

Maybe every office is different but my office has been producing room layout for every project and it usually show you all the equipments, furniture, power socket etc in the room (M&E would be the one to decide how many power socket in a room according to where computre/desk are, but we want to make sure they are at the right place, right height.)

My office has been using codebook with revit to generate room layout all this time but because the codebook data is not live on revit, so according to them, it is pretty nasty when you have like 5 people working on the same thing. 

But in the end I manage to solve the issue.

Basically what you said is true, the FF&E model need a "Room" in the model rather than in a linked model. So I ended up setting up "Room" in my FF&E model too (might not be the best solution but it does help when some of my room layout breaks down into a few individual rooms while in main model it would just stay as a big room).

The next issue I had was I can't seem to get the data of the Roombook into Schedule and live on Revit (I have follow every steps from the youtube video and ticking all the neccessary boxes), even I could export it to Excel which is no help as it would just be another external programme you have to update every single time you update the layout. The problem is I cant create schedule like the one in youtube video named RB Furniture Layout or RM All Room Quantities etc (could only create the generic one like furniture or room schedule)

But in the end, a simple solution. When one install the Roombook extension, there is a generic project comes with it that is in your Drive, called Roombook schedule. I opened the file, all the predefined schedule live in there. So I right click the Schedule, Copy to Clipboard, and paste into my FF&E project. Did the Roombook calculation again and ticking all the neccessary boxes, and all the data is in the RB schedule that I just copied.

Problem solved.

And a side note, Roombook could also calculate finishes, however, this need to be done in main building model where all the walls and floors exist, it won't calculate the walls or floors in a Linked model. But that is another story, I guess. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: password5

Hello, ¿anyone knows if this extension is available for purchase? ¿I mean not being subscription user?

Message 5 of 5

Hi,

how does roombook calculate inner reveals of windows or doors?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report