Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room Tags on Ceiling Plans

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1172 Views, 5 Replies

Room Tags on Ceiling Plans

How do you handle placing Room Tags on Views other than the main Floor Plan view? I've got several types of Views (Ceiling plan, Finish plan, Furniture plan, Equipment Plan, Demo Plan, etc, etc). If I create each of those Views by doing a Duplicate with Detailing, I understand that the Rom Tags are copied to the other Views and are then View dependant. My question is, how do I keep the Room Tags up to date? I know that if a room tag's data is changed, it will be updated in all views, but what happens when Tags are added or deleted? Since the Tags are View specific,they don't get changed on the Ceiling plan. If I have 5 different Views of the same Level, does this mean I have to manually make sure all five views get changed? That just seems very un-Revit to me. I don't really want to dilute the question, but I also have a large floor plate, which has to be split into 4 Zones to fit on the plotted sheet. Since I have 5 types of plans, with 4 Zones each, now may I have to manually update 20 separate Views whenever I add a new Room Tag! the question is not about the zones, it's about the duplicate Tags. The Zones just make it worse.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
andrewg07
in reply to: Anonymous

The room tags will update. If you have a room tag in a floor plan, & place one in a ceiling plan, it'll pick up the value of the same room tag in the floor plan.

The tags will always have the last values placed in the tag, no matter what the view, & will update across views, even in views split up to fit sheets.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

....and you can always delete all the tags using the filter in one view and then copy/paste the tags you want from another view. "aggockel" wrote in message news:594084.1083584430293.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > The room tags will update. If you have a room tag in a floor plan, & place one in a ceiling plan, it'll pick up the value of the same room tag in the floor plan. > > The tags will always have the last values placed in the tag, no matter what the view, & will update across views, even in views split up to fit sheets.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for the help, but again: >> If I have 5 different Views of the same Level, does this mean I have to manually >> make sure all five views get changed? That just seems very un-Revit to me. "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message news:40964415$1_2@newsprd01... > ...and you can always delete all the tags using the filter in one view and > then copy/paste the tags you want from another view. > > "aggockel" wrote in message > news:594084.1083584430293.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > The room tags will update. If you have a room tag in a floor plan, & place > one in a ceiling plan, it'll pick up the value of the same room tag in the > floor plan. > > > > The tags will always have the last values placed in the tag, no matter > what the view, & will update across views, even in views split up to fit > sheets. > >
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

If you add a new space and tag it on one view it is not automatically tagged on other similar views. With good reason. My mech. dept. doesn't want the same tags I use on my floor plan - but different tags. However when I put a new tag on their view... it is automatically filled out. If you have 4 sets of plans that all need exactly the same graphic room tag: Group the room tags and place the group on each of the plans. Updating one group will update all the groups and all the plans. Very Revit like... "DaveP" wrote in message news:40965886$1_1@newsprd01... > Thanks for the help, but again: > >> If I have 5 different Views of the same Level, does this mean I have to > manually > >> make sure all five views get changed? That just seems very un-Revit to > me. > > "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message > news:40964415$1_2@newsprd01... > > ...and you can always delete all the tags using the filter in one view and > > then copy/paste the tags you want from another view. > > > > "aggockel" wrote in message > > news:594084.1083584430293.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > > The room tags will update. If you have a room tag in a floor plan, & > place > > one in a ceiling plan, it'll pick up the value of the same room tag in the > > floor plan. > > > > > > The tags will always have the last values placed in the tag, no matter > > what the view, & will update across views, even in views split up to fit > > sheets. > > > > > >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thought you set the visiblity of the tag by view in it's properties? Now that will be very Revit! "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message news:40966b8f$1_2@newsprd01... > If you add a new space and tag it on one view it is not automatically tagged > on other similar views. With good reason. My mech. dept. doesn't want the > same tags I use on my floor plan - but different tags. > > However when I put a new tag on their view... it is automatically filled > out. > > If you have 4 sets of plans that all need exactly the same graphic room tag: > Group the room tags and place the group on each of the plans. Updating one > group will update all the groups and all the plans. > > Very Revit like... > > "DaveP" wrote in message news:40965886$1_1@newsprd01... > > Thanks for the help, but again: > > >> If I have 5 different Views of the same Level, does this mean I have to > > manually > > >> make sure all five views get changed? That just seems very un-Revit to > > me. > > > > "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message > > news:40964415$1_2@newsprd01... > > > ...and you can always delete all the tags using the filter in one view > and > > > then copy/paste the tags you want from another view. > > > > > > "aggockel" wrote in message > > > news:594084.1083584430293.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > > > The room tags will update. If you have a room tag in a floor plan, & > > place > > > one in a ceiling plan, it'll pick up the value of the same room tag in > the > > > floor plan. > > > > > > > > The tags will always have the last values placed in the tag, no matter > > > what the view, & will update across views, even in views split up to fit > > > sheets. > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report