Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

room separation

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
awadamopoulos
838 Views, 14 Replies

room separation

Hello

I am tring to seperate a closet from a room and and trying to use the room seperation tool. this should be easy enough  but no such luck.

the following error message always comes up.

"None of the created elements are visible in Floor Plan: M&V LEVEL 2 11-17 View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings, as well as any Plan Regions and their settings."

How do I check into this ?

thanks in advance 

Drewders

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
sburca
in reply to: awadamopoulos

Depending on when you get the message, you either have (VG-Model-Lines-Room Separation Lines) off in your current views, or the rooms tags turned off.

Message 3 of 15
awadamopoulos
in reply to: sburca

Thanks for the responce I have looked in my view properties in (graphic display options & visability /graphics overides) and was unable to find (VG-Model-Lines-Room Separation Lines) as a cataegory. am I in the wrong place?

Message 4 of 15

my room tags are fine.

Message 5 of 15

I actually cant even draw a wall without the same error message?

Message 6 of 15
sburca

I'm having some problems with my Revit right now so I'm going from memory. Lines are a model component, so when you go under Visual Graphics, under the model tab (not under annotation), expand the "lines" tab, and you will find the "room separation line" option. Make sure that's turned on.

Message 7 of 15
awadamopoulos
in reply to: sburca

that is on. I'm beat here cant make walls, place rooms, seperate rooms or anything on this floor others are fine.

Message 8 of 15

Awadam

Are you sure you are not in a ceiling plan view? Or using Arch walls in a Structural file/discipline?

In your visibility graphics, check in the "Model Category" tab at the top, expand the category for "Lines" then check that "<Room separation>" is ticked. Also, make sure you haven't temporarily hidden the category (using the Hide/isolate, the wee sunglasses icon bottom left where your scale and detail level is) 

Re: your walls, do the same thing.

You can draw either Architectural walls or Structural walls. By default, Structural walls draw by Depth, so you will not see them in a typical floor plan, and Arch walls draw in height, so if you have offsets, you may not see them in the Structural plans. This is because they are outside the default views "View range"

Make sure to check all of this and it should sort you out.

Hope this helps 🙂

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 9 of 15

Aswell as above, try drawing a wall/line, ignore the warning, and hit the "reveal hidden elements" button on your View control bar (bottom left where your scale etc is) its the wee lightbulb. Anything hidden will pop up red, select it and click "unhide category" in the ribbon.

Like i said, make sure you are not in a RCP, you'll need to be in a normal floor plan

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 10 of 15

well thanks for trying I tried all of that and no go.

I really have no idea what is going on here.

Message 11 of 15

Post your Revit file on here and we can inspect it and let you know.

Are you using Architectural or Structural walls? 

Do you have View filters and View templates set up?

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 12 of 15
mar.prete

Hello, I have the same problem, I can't find a Room Separator that is in the model. All is turned on (VG/Model Categories /Lines/Room Separator and VG/Model Categories /Rooms) and nothing is hidden. Only one room separator is missing in the model, others are visible so it doesn't depend on VG settings.. Could you help me? 

Message 13 of 15
awadamopoulos
in reply to: mar.prete

I honestly can't remember what I did except that it had something to do with the height of my levels check into that.

sorry I couldn't be more helpfull. 

Message 14 of 15
David_W_Koch
in reply to: mar.prete

Have you turned on the display of hidden elements?  An individual element can be hidden in a view, even when the category of that element is set to be visible.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 15 of 15
chrisplyler

Elements that give you the "not visible in view" warning when placed may be:

Turned off in Visibility Graphis.

Outside the view range.

In a phase that the view isn't set to display.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report