Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

room names in plan region

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
mpukas
1503 Views, 1 Reply

room names in plan region

I have a floor plan that has 3 different levels that I want to show, so I'm using a Plan Region to show the levels below cut at the correct hieghts. I'm using the Lower Level as the floor plan, and I want to show the Garage and Entry levels on the same plan.

Garage 7950'-0"; Entry 7951'-0"; Lower Level 7956'-0".

The issue I'm having is where to put the Rooms/Room Names? If I put them all on the Lower Level, then I have to do a (-) offset for the rooms to go down to the floor level for them to show in the Plan Region. If I place them on the respective levels, i.e. "Garage" on the Garage Level, they do not show in the Plan Region I created on the Lower Level Plan.

Are Room Names view specific, in that they only appear in the vewi they are created in? I can select the Room in any view or the Plan Region, but the Room Name is only visible in the view I created it in.

What am I missing/What's the best practice for this scenario? Thanks much. mpp

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AJA14
in reply to: mpukas

Hi,

Room names are tags that are placed when rooms are placed. You can have Revit not add them if you toggle off the TAG ON PLACEMENT tool in the add rooms contextual ribbon.

Tags are annotations and are only view specific. Either use the copy to clipboard to place in multiple locations or add them in the correct plan.

Regards,

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report