Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room is not upper bounded by a roof...

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2990 Views, 3 Replies

Room is not upper bounded by a roof...

Hello,

I'm a new "Reviter" working on the MEP.

I'm actually testing the implementation of Revit in the Office and check what are the problems we can get on the project model before starting working on it, and how to correct them.

In most of the projects I get, I have this redundant warning: Room is not upper bounded by a roof, ceiling or floor element. This can result in incorerct adjacencies and voids in analytical model.

I did my research to see how to solve the problem, but I didn't find anything convincing.

What is the actual problem? I have all the elements linked.

Do someone have a methodology to correct that?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Actually, I found the answer to my problem after digging a little bit.

The problem was that the space defined on floor plans wasn't touching the ceiling (or roof, or floor..) above.

I made these steps, so it can be done properly and avoiding overlaping with other spaces:

- For each floor, create a "ceiling" leveln, which is situated just on top of the ceiling (so it can count the entire volume of your space).

- Create a space (or room, dependind on what you're working on) schedule by selecting at least the following parameters: Name,Number, Level, Upper Limit

- For every space, correct the Upper Limit from its level to the ceiling level.

After that, you'll have to work case by case regarding the overlapping spaces. Concerning volumes that are on several floors, they are also treated individually (by adjusting the upper limit to their real ceiling, and also playing with the Space (Room) Separator).

That's how it worked for me.

If someone have a better methodology, please share.

Regards

Message 3 of 4
noorizzah
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Nassimj,

do you mind sharing about Upper Limit here ?i knew that many users had posted this topic before. I had read the post and its solution. Unfortunately, still can't understand it. I also confused with the Upper Limit and Limit Offset although had read the explanation on it under About Defining the Upper Boundary of a Room section. So, here are the attachment of my setting. The errors occured at the staircase. i thought, i had inserted a roof on top of the staircase as attached in Image 1 which shows the boundary of Staircase 3. Image 2 shows the boundary of Staircase 5 above. Could anybody please have a look at my settings?(Upper Limit, Limit Offset)  I believe i done it wrong.

Thanks in advance

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: noorizzah

If someone is having a similar problem like this one, make a simple test: From the room, take the volume and divided by the surface. Probably the hight is not the correct one. If that is your problem, in the plan, click to the room (the X), not the room tag, and in the properties, change the upper limit or limit offset (https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/Revi...). This works for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report