Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room Data Sheets - Pulling data from Excel Document ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2663 Views, 2 Replies

Room Data Sheets - Pulling data from Excel Document ?

Hi - this is probably a case of trying to run before learning to walk, but I'm interested to know if this is possible  We are working on a school project (32 classroom), and whilst we are not doing the whole project as either BIM, or even fully Revit based, we are trying to use it to tease out a few 'what if ?' and 'can Revit do this ?' as well as use it as a test bed for the exchange of info across the design team.

I'm still relatively new to Revit - and am working on building up some fundamental skills.

We inherit a large number of our project brief requirements in spreadsheet format (some of which is COBE format, most not).  I've read a bit on 'pushing' data out from Revit into Excel, but can you 'pull' it in from a pre-completed Excel spreadsheet - for say Room Data Sheets ?

As an example, Room Data Sheets have a host of requirements and finishes. Could we set the spreadsheet up to say refer to a specific floor finish (description + NBS/specification reference), and have that then brought into the Revit project as a tag / finish ? Same with ceiling finishes etc.

I realise this is probably a quite complex area to get into, If I at least knew it was possible, I would spend a bit more time investigating it as it seems we will receive more of our briefs in this format, and it would be a real time saver - especially if the data were linked and totally two-way.

Many thanks

Martin

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bimandict
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I don't have the whole answer for you but I can point you in a few directions to get started.

BIM Link - This provide a link back in to Revit from Excel. I Don't know if the first connection need to be established from with in Revit. I.e.. Not sure if you can pull new data in to Revit via BIM link?

CodeBook - This should do what you are asking for but its a whole different expertise required with in your team.

dRofus - is a more userfriendly cousin to CodeBook but not sure it is your answer.

Worth looking in to these appz.

Regards,

Jimi Clarke

BIM Manager - London
Microsoft Cloud Services Partner
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Many thanks Jim, we'll look into those.

From doing a bit of research before reading your reply - I think you are right, it seems as though there may be a workflow that will enable data that has already been created and exported into an Excel file to be updated from that document, but not necessarily to be created in Revit directly from it.

I'll read up on those links and see where it takes us.

Many thanks,

Martin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report