Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room bounding in linked model

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dcormack
1787 Views, 6 Replies

Room bounding in linked model

I cant get room bounding to function in a lnked model. (its Revit 2014)

Its a single storey shop linked into a site. The linked model Type props are set to room bounding and . Its a simple worksharing project with only the standard 2 worksets active. Nothing difficult about the hosted model - it has walls / doors /curtain walls et all properly enclosing the room spaces and  rooms will tag quite satisfactorily (in the source model). Everything else (doors / walls etc) tag correctly.

Any ideas other than rooms set in the source model. We have tried a workaround in the host model by enclosing in room separation lines. Surely this shouldnt be necesary.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
L.Maas
in reply to: dcormack

Except making sure that your rooms in the source model are roombounding you also have to make a setting in the host model

In the host slect your link model. Click Edit Type. A window shows

Room Bounding.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 7
dcormack
in reply to: L.Maas

Thanks for that - but in my post I did say I have checked the host linked type props to room bounding. Also I said the linked model happily room bounds and tags. This is an issue thats cropped up on several projects - one common factor is all these have been upgraded from 2013 to 2014. Is there an issue? Has anyone else encountered this and is there a fix other than manual room separation lines in the host?
Message 4 of 7
L.Maas

Sorry misread your post.

I have not seen that happening. No access to Revit at the moment so can not test.

What happens if you draw a new room in the source file, does that new room properly hold rooms (in both source and host)?

If you create a new (2014) project and copy the whole model (or the relevant parts) from the link into this new project and then link that project in your project, does that solve some problems?

Can it have something to do with phases (e.g. mismatch between phase in source and host)?

Otherwise maybe you are able to upload (part of) this linked file?

Than we can check if we experience the same problems.

Louis

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
dcormack
in reply to: L.Maas

Thanks - will try a new room and see what happens Project too complex to try to copy model / elements into a new 2014 project. There a good 9 separate projects modelled in the same time period and way (2013 then upgrade) all with linked cad / lots of legacy stuff and three have encountered this issue so far. Will look at phase - thats an interesting one and possible as we have used phases to quickly model options. Will post outcome.
Message 6 of 7
L.Maas

From your comments a few more poprions you might try (if possible):

Open the source file with audit selected and see if it comes up with something.

Purging the source file.

Do you have the posibility to kick out the autocad stuff/links from your source file?

(I always have the feeling Revit does not always play nice with autocad dwg files)

Louis

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
BobJayson2618

I had a similar problem and its a bit wacky.  My existing room phase worked fine. It was a similar design.  However the New Construction phase just wouldn't cooperate.  The problem was along a reference plane that that represented a shared wall from another link.  Dis-allowing the suspect corner wall joint and extending it past the bewitched joint didn't work. 

I had to add a seperation line on the New Construction Phase and also had to extend it into the Centerline of the shared wall side.  The shared wall was a generic style wall where there was no exterior or interior elements.  I didn't test it on a normal wall (Int/Ext).

I hope the software become more resilient on this topic. I also had this problem on other Linked models.

If you ever figured out the root cause, please update the post.  Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report