Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room borders removed when walls are demolished

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
zernell_joseph
1556 Views, 2 Replies

Room borders removed when walls are demolished

When I use the demolish tool on walls, the room region is treated as though the wall is deleted and I get a warning.

It changes the room boundries to the closest wall containment.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: zernell_joseph

If the Phase of the Room is set to 'New Construction', then it will not recognize the demo'd walls as valid boundaries because they will have been removed by the time the new Room wound come into existence. If the Room is existing, ensure that it has been placed on the appropriate Phase. You can set this by selecting the Rooms are changing the 'Phase' parameter under Properties.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
ccollins
in reply to: zernell_joseph

You also need to copy/paste all Rooms from Existing Phase to New Construction ( or vice versa, depending on which Rooms were placed initially on which Phase).

i.e. you need Rooms in each Phase.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report