Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roofs

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
petercordier
615 Views, 7 Replies

Roofs

I'm fairly new to Revit.  I'm having problems connecting two roofs where the ridge heights vary.  See pic.

Also the ceiling withing the sloped roof protrudes through the roof.  See pic.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

1. this happens because you have two roofs and you've Joined the higher roof to the less heigher one. To avoid this unwanted behave , use a single T shape roof (as in my example) .In this case the Join occurs correctly.
  2. In order to control the ceiling protrude, make a Section View through the roof, then draw two vertical Reference Planes at the points where ceiling meets the interior face of the roof. In Ceiling Plan , select the ceiling, enter Sketch Mode and stretch the border of the ceiling to the previous made Reference Planes. Align and Lock to them

Image 5.png

Image 6.png

Image 7.png

Image 8.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
petercordier
in reply to: petercordier

That worked with the roof. Thank you for the help. Yet to try the ceiling solution.
Message 4 of 8
petercordier

Ceiling worked too. Thanks
Message 5 of 8
petercordier

Here's another one.

I want to select Rafter or Truss type as shown in the attached PDF, but it's not an option (see attatched image).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Message 6 of 8

Rafters (as Beams or System Beams) can be Cut with Reference Planes.

In my example I've applied Cut twice to the rafter (beam):

In an elevation view or section view select Reference Plane , then Cut, select the rafter and then reference plane again....

Image 2.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 7 of 8

Thanks for that.

I've not got an issue with the rafter cut but rather the construction type (rafter or truss), see image of the PDF that I attached.

In any case I've used the refernce plains to set the height where I want it.

Message 8 of 8

This option: Rafter or Truss is activated only for Roof by Footprint and only for the the option Pick Walls

Image 4.png

Image 5.png

Image 6.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report