Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof to wall section cleanup

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
PSBrown
866 Views, 1 Reply

Roof to wall section cleanup

Need some help with this detail.  I know I can probably overdraft this in 2-D; but is there a way to clean this up?

I'd like to stop the inside finish surface of the roof element, inside the building (horizontal pine boards).

I tried the similar trick like a wall base extension; didn't seem to work. (?)

I'd like to have the rafter to top-plate seat cut out of the rafter also.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
loboarch
in reply to: PSBrown

The wall base extension trick does not work for roof elements.  That kind of functionality does not exist.

There are 2 options.  You can just use drafting tools to adjust the view to show what you are after.  You are basically just "covering up" or using white out to not show part of the model in the one specific view where you use the drafting tools.  The model will not be altered.

The 2nd option is to use viods to "cut away" the model geometry to get closer to what it should look like.  This could potentially be time consuming and will not get you 100% of the way, you will still probably end up using drafting tools to "cover up" something.

When choosing between these options I usually use the drafting solution if it meets a couple of tests:

• Will this condition neeed to be shown in more than one view?
  • Will the area show in a rendering?
  • Do you need to do andy kind of scheduling or material takeoff of the item?

If you answer yes to any of the questions then you might want to consider modeling the solution to the problem.  If you answer yes to 2 of the questions you need to figure out how to model the condition correctly.  If you answer no to all of the questions then the drafting solution will be the fastest and easiest way to solve the problem.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report