Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof's fascia

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
293 Views, 10 Replies

Roof's fascia

Hi, I've a BIG problem with my roof's fascia!!! I want to make somethig similar whit image 01 (from Revit's Help), but I can't!!! when i try to make some "Join Geometry" or "Mitering option" the results shows in images 02 and 03!!! Please anyone could help me????? Attachment not added (too many attachments): "02.JPG"
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you create the fascia with a horizontal offset? -- Regards, Paul Monsef ----------------------------- TSA | architects, pllc Production/CAD Manager 425.401.6828 x105 paulmonsef_NOSPAM_@tsaarchitects.com "Anyav" wrote in message news:41e7fb1f_2@newsprd01... > Hi, > I've a BIG problem with my roof's fascia!!! I want to make somethig > similar whit image 01 (from Revit's Help), but I can't!!! > when i try to make some "Join Geometry" or "Mitering option" the results > shows in images 02 and 03!!! Please anyone could help me????? > > >
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

1. Did you try to erase all segments and start from the begining? 2. If yes, then do you make the fascia as one, or you stop, then start the command again and wait for them to join? Do you use add/remove segments?
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

As a contractor I am not all that savvy with Revit. But I do know what you are trying to do is impossible. You must tilt the crown along the fascia out so that the top plain of the crown is parallel with the pitch of the roof. If you can do that they will miter correctly. Scott M. "Anyav" wrote in message news:41e7fb1f_2@newsprd01... > Hi, > I've a BIG problem with my roof's fascia!!! I want to make somethig > similar whit image 01 (from Revit's Help), but I can't!!! > when i try to make some "Join Geometry" or "Mitering option" the results > shows in images 02 and 03!!! Please anyone could help me????? > > >
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

1. Did you try to erase all segments and start from the begining? yes, but it didtn't work... 2. If yes, then do you make the fascia as one, or you stop, then start the command again and wait for them to join? I've tried that too, but it didtn't work again... Do you use add/remove segments? Yes, but it didtn't work... the problem happens when we try to place fascia in roof that just have 2 slopes!! But, obviously, this is possible in real construction....so I can't understand why it's not possible in revit!!
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Actually, it's not possible in real construction. A rake moulding with a modified profile of the fascia moulding is required for the two pieces to miter properly. You could create a moulding with this modified profile and use it for rake moulding or just fake it like it's typically done in the field these days. anyav wrote: > But, obviously, this is possible in real construction....so I can't > understand why it's not possible in revit!! > >
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Actually, it can't be built in real construction as our contractor friend noted. And hence revit can't build it. You'll need a return at least equal to the depth of the trim to make the miters. If you do this it will work fine. See the file I posted in customer-gallery. It illustrates you're situation... "anyav" wrote in message news:41ed0022_2@newsprd01... > 1. Did you try to erase all segments and start from the begining? > > yes, but it didtn't work... > > 2. If yes, then do you make the fascia as one, or you stop, then start the > command again and wait for them to join? > > I've tried that too, but it didtn't work again... > > Do you use add/remove segments? > > Yes, but it didtn't work... > > the problem happens when we try to place fascia in roof that just have 2 > slopes!! > But, obviously, this is possible in real construction....so I can't > understand why it's not possible in revit!! > >
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

It is possible!! you're just not doing it right. ;o) Please post a rvt file of the profile you are using for your fascia. -- Regards, Paul Monsef ----------------------------- TSA | architects, pllc Production/CAD Manager 425.401.6828 x105 paulmonsef_NOSPAM_@tsaarchitects.com "anyav" wrote in message news:41ed0022_2@newsprd01... > 1. Did you try to erase all segments and start from the begining? > > yes, but it didtn't work... > > 2. If yes, then do you make the fascia as one, or you stop, then start the > command again and wait for them to join? > > I've tried that too, but it didtn't work again... > > Do you use add/remove segments? > > Yes, but it didtn't work... > > the problem happens when we try to place fascia in roof that just have 2 > slopes!! > But, obviously, this is possible in real construction....so I can't > understand why it's not possible in revit!! > >
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Thank you Paul!!! Of course I know it is possible, I just don't know how can I do this in Revit, and i'm "stressing" with this... :-) Please check my Profile if you can, and tell me how can I do that!! Could tou please send me the rvt file with the example you show below? Thank you very much again. anyav "Paul Monsef" wrote in message news:41ed4e32$1_3@newsprd01... > It is possible!! you're just not doing it right. ;o) > > Please post a rvt file of the profile you are using for your fascia. > > -- > Regards, > > Paul Monsef > ----------------------------- > TSA | architects, pllc > Production/CAD Manager > 425.401.6828 x105 > paulmonsef_NOSPAM_@tsaarchitects.com > > > > "anyav" wrote in message news:41ed0022_2@newsprd01... >> 1. Did you try to erase all segments and start from the begining? >> >> yes, but it didtn't work... >> >> 2. If yes, then do you make the fascia as one, or you stop, then start >> the >> command again and wait for them to join? >> >> I've tried that too, but it didtn't work again... >> >> Do you use add/remove segments? >> >> Yes, but it didtn't work... >> >> the problem happens when we try to place fascia in roof that just have 2 >> slopes!! >> But, obviously, this is possible in real construction....so I can't >> understand why it's not possible in revit!! >> >> > > >
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

See file in customer-gallery... "anyav" wrote in message news:41ee2c72_1@newsprd01... > > Thank you Paul!!! > Of course I know it is possible, I just don't know how can I do this in > Revit, and i'm "stressing" with this... :-) > Please check my Profile if you can, and tell me how can I do that!! > Could tou please send me the rvt file with the example you show below? > Thank you very much again. > anyav > > > > "Paul Monsef" wrote in message > news:41ed4e32$1_3@newsprd01... > > It is possible!! you're just not doing it right. ;o) > > > > Please post a rvt file of the profile you are using for your fascia. > > > > -- > > Regards, > > > > Paul Monsef > > ----------------------------- > > TSA | architects, pllc > > Production/CAD Manager > > 425.401.6828 x105 > > paulmonsef_NOSPAM_@tsaarchitects.com > > > > > > > > "anyav" wrote in message news:41ed0022_2@newsprd01... > >> 1. Did you try to erase all segments and start from the begining? > >> > >> yes, but it didtn't work... > >> > >> 2. If yes, then do you make the fascia as one, or you stop, then start > >> the > >> command again and wait for them to join? > >> > >> I've tried that too, but it didtn't work again... > >> > >> Do you use add/remove segments? > >> > >> Yes, but it didtn't work... > >> > >> the problem happens when we try to place fascia in roof that just have 2 > >> slopes!! > >> But, obviously, this is possible in real construction....so I can't > >> understand why it's not possible in revit!! > >> > >> > > > > > > > > >
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Looks like Aaron beat me to it... :o) "anyav" wrote in message news:41ee2c72_1@newsprd01... > > Thank you Paul!!! > Of course I know it is possible, I just don't know how can I do this in > Revit, and i'm "stressing" with this... :-) > Please check my Profile if you can, and tell me how can I do that!! > Could tou please send me the rvt file with the example you show below? > Thank you very much again. > anyav > > > > "Paul Monsef" wrote in message > news:41ed4e32$1_3@newsprd01... >> It is possible!! you're just not doing it right. ;o) >> >> Please post a rvt file of the profile you are using for your fascia. >> >> -- >> Regards, >> >> Paul Monsef >> ----------------------------- >> TSA | architects, pllc >> Production/CAD Manager >> 425.401.6828 x105 >> paulmonsef_NOSPAM_@tsaarchitects.com >> >> >> >> "anyav" wrote in message news:41ed0022_2@newsprd01... >>> 1. Did you try to erase all segments and start from the begining? >>> >>> yes, but it didtn't work... >>> >>> 2. If yes, then do you make the fascia as one, or you stop, then start >>> the >>> command again and wait for them to join? >>> >>> I've tried that too, but it didtn't work again... >>> >>> Do you use add/remove segments? >>> >>> Yes, but it didtn't work... >>> >>> the problem happens when we try to place fascia in roof that just have 2 >>> slopes!! >>> But, obviously, this is possible in real construction....so I can't >>> understand why it's not possible in revit!! >>> >>> >> >> >> > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report