Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof projection on lower leves

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1194 Views, 3 Replies

Roof projection on lower leves

Hi everyone, Is it possible to have only the roof perimeter visible in lower levels with dashed lines? I know I can have all lines visible (not just the perimeter). Thanks for your help. Ak
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Go to the level you want to have the dashed lines showing and turn on the roof underlay. Use the linework tool (overhead lines) to turn the perimeter lines of the roof to dashed, then select "none" for underlay. You should now have the perimeter of your roof represented with dashed lines. Arkitekt wrote: > Hi everyone, > > Is it possible to have only the roof perimeter visible in lower levels with > dashed lines? I know I can have all lines visible (not just the perimeter). > > Thanks for your help. > > Ak > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks Henry, But if I change the roof the linework will change as well? Ak. "Henry Dearborn" wrote in message news:4097a923$1_3@newsprd01... > Go to the level you want to have the dashed lines showing and turn on > the roof underlay. Use the linework tool (overhead lines) to turn the > perimeter lines of the roof to dashed, then select "none" for underlay. > You should now have the perimeter of your roof represented with dashed > lines. > > > > > Arkitekt wrote: > > > Hi everyone, > > > > Is it possible to have only the roof perimeter visible in lower levels with > > dashed lines? I know I can have all lines visible (not just the perimeter). > > > > Thanks for your help. > > > > Ak > > > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Yes. Linework is simply a graphic over-ride that makes things retain a certain visibility/line setting. It's still the edge of your roof, not a line drawn over the edge, and as such when you change the roof the linework will automatically update. The Linework tool is a very powerful feature inside of Revit. It lets you, basically, redefine any lines coming from the model, no matter which view, to display with any weight/pattern/color you desire. It gives you a high level of control over your views so that you can make the information that's already there display the way you want. Also, sense it's still the same information, just being told to appear diffently, when those objects are changed the linework will update properly. Jeffrey McGrew Arkitekt wrote: > Thanks Henry, > > But if I change the roof the linework will change as well? > > Ak. > > "Henry Dearborn" wrote in message > news:4097a923$1_3@newsprd01... > >>Go to the level you want to have the dashed lines showing and turn on >>the roof underlay. Use the linework tool (overhead lines) to turn the >>perimeter lines of the roof to dashed, then select "none" for underlay. >>You should now have the perimeter of your roof represented with dashed >>lines.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report