Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof Plan and Walls

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Jleibold
417 Views, 1 Reply

Roof Plan and Walls

Hello All,

I am stumped on how to show bearing walls on my roof plan view (novice).  I only see the entire wall component, but I need to see the face of the bearing wall stud to locate my roof heel which dictates the overhang.  My wall consists of facebrick+1" rigid insulation+5 1/2" stud bearing wall.  I need to follow the exterior side of the stud wall.  I can hover over the wall & see the components but I am unable to "follow" the stud line.  The stud wall is the structural core boundary which is checked structural material.  The discipline view what architectural but I changed that to structural.  The wall type was architectural.

(Am I still thinking ACA ways...lol)

So what am I missing? I need to have the bearing walls dashed also.

The only way I can do this is using the linework tool, is that the best practice?

Thanks in advance....

Jleibold

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
alan.quinn
in reply to: Jleibold

If I open an out of the box Artchitectural file and draw a wall from Level 1 to Level 2 and go to Level 2 I will see my wall below (it will be 1/2 toned, but I can see it). Try this in a blank file to insure you can see the wall. Now back to your file. What ever Level your wall stated on make sure when you go to the Roof Plan that the Underlay (in the View Properties) is set to the Level where the wall started.

In my above mentioned test file when I'm in Level 2 the Undelay (in the View Properties) is set to Level 1. If I change it to None I will not see my wall. How is yours set? Also, was your file created from the structural template? If so change the Discipline (in the View Properties) to Architecture or Coordination. 

If it's set correctly and you still cannot see your wall please attach your file or a portion of it to this post. Thanks for posting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report