Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof Overhangs.. I need help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JessieW
300 Views, 2 Replies

Roof Overhangs.. I need help

I'm a high school student trying to learn Revit, but unfortunately I know more about it than my teachers so I can't ever ask questions. So when created a roof, I don't know how to get an overhang. I've browsed around and can't seem to find an option for it! If you know how to do it please help.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: JessieW

Before you select the wall from which to create your roof, set a desired value for you overhang in the "Options Toolbar"... The "Options Toolbar" is probably the most overlooked portion of the Revit interface. -- Regards, Steve Burri Autodesk, Inc Client Support Manager - Revit "JessieW" wrote in message news:1499806.1102801219135.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I'm a high school student trying to learn Revit, but unfortunately I know more about it than my teachers so I can't ever ask questions. So when created a roof, I don't know how to get an overhang. I've browsed around and can't seem to find an option for it! If you know how to do it please help.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: JessieW

I totally understand! I took a college coarse on Autodesk Inventor. The instructor was new to the software and his "instruction" was basically learn it with the students. Doesn't Work! I had used Inventor some, but took the coarse to learn more. Instead I ended up teaching the teacher and class the small amount I knew. It is frustrating. Trying to learn, when their is no one to learn from. Stick with it, and really absorb all the online resources you can! Stacey Conrad VCP&A Engineering Services for Industry sconrad@vcaw.com "JessieW" wrote in message news:1499806.1102801219135.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I'm a high school student trying to learn Revit, but unfortunately I know more about it than my teachers so I can't ever ask questions. So when created a roof, I don't know how to get an overhang. I've browsed around and can't seem to find an option for it! If you know how to do it please help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report