Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof Joing Problems

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Sparrigin507
871 Views, 11 Replies

Roof Joing Problems

I have this house Im trying to make on Revive and I can't get the roof to join together at all. I've had this problem for awhile now and I can't seem to get past it. I've done everything I can think of to try and fix it but I can't seem to get it. anyone have some suggestions on what it might be?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

can you draw a rough handsketch of what you want to obtain?  It is not clear for me what you want to do....

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 12

i want to join the second floor roof with the first floor porch roof. it keeps saying that it misses thetarget face.

Message 4 of 12

try these:

1. create Roof by Footprint from Level 2 with a Cutoof at an intermediate Level 3 or an offset from Level 2  with slopes as in - Image 01 - the result is shown in Image 02
  2. Create a second Roof by Footprint with Base to Level 3 ( where is placed the Cutoff of first roof) as in Image 03 with only two slopes - results Image 04
  3. stretch in sketch mode like in Image 05 to obtain a projecting roof over the first one - results Image 06 if the slopes of first roof are diferent from the slopes of second roof or image 07 if they are the same slope values...

Image 07.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 5 of 12

I tried what you said and I still cant get it to work.

Message 6 of 12

I've made a screen recording of what I have described in my previous post...maybe it helps....

https://chronicle.autodesk.com/main/details/20991dc4-56e7-471f-9c02-dfc06724533e

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 7 of 12

I've tired what you told me to do and Im still getting the missed target face error.

Message 8 of 12

can you send the file?

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 9 of 12

I was trying to make the roof again with the vidoe you send me of you doing it and everything goes good until i have to set to cutoff level. Whne i go to set off the cutoff level to level 3 the top of my roof is about a foot over from where it should be cuttoff. I think i can make the roof work with this tutorial you sent me if I could get the cutoff to work.

Message 10 of 12
Sparrigin507
in reply to: Sparrigin507

The bottem of the roof is the part that is getting cutoff when i need the top of my roof to snap to the bottem of level 3.

Message 11 of 12

do you refer to this alignement?

If this is it , then you can use a Cuttof Offset.

Image 01.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 12 of 12

I got it to work. Thanks for all your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report