Contributor
mdesposito2
Message 1 of 3 (273 Views)
Accepted Solution

Roof Issues, Roof Design

273 Views, 2 Replies
11-18-2013 12:37 PM

Hello friends,

I am having a problem adding a "jut-out" to my roof. Imagine a simple hip roof at a 10"/12" slope on all four sides. In elevation view, you want to add a "jut-out" or dormer thing. (sorry for my lack of terminology). I attached a poor sketch of what I am trying to accomplish. I tried making two seperate roofs, I tried using the slop arrows, I tried what feels like everything. I want the jut-out to be in line with the slope of the hip roof, and am using the 10"/12" slope to match for the look I am going for. The jut out will have the front facing side toggled OFF for the slop. therefor to look like a hip roof with a dormer thing on one side perfectly in line with one side of the hip. The commands will not let me line them up or connect them once they are both made.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 3 (249 Views)

Re: Roof Issues, Roof Design

11-18-2013 02:12 PM in reply to: mdesposito2

It is possible in a single roof sketch, using slope arrows.

11-18-2013 5-07-00 PM.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Contributor
mdesposito2
Message 3 of 3 (195 Views)

Re: Roof Issues, Roof Design

11-20-2013 05:47 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina
Thank you so much! This helped me out a ton! I had tried every way around it, but this! Thank you again!
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.