Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof Fascia: Mitering two different profiles

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ryanpkremer
897 Views, 2 Replies

Roof Fascia: Mitering two different profiles

I was wondering if anybody knows how I might get two DIFFERENT roof fascia profiles to miter. 

On the slope side eave, I would like the top of my fascia profile to match the slope of the roof.  On the gable side eave, I would like to use a profile which is square at the top.

I know that I could use the same "squared" fascia profile on all edges of the roof and simply add an in-place void, however I'm trying to avoid this if I can.

Please see the attached for an illustration of what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rosskirby
in reply to: ryanpkremer

Not without doing some in-place work.  You have to consider how they would actually build this, and model accordingly.  There isn't a way to miter the two pieces in the field, except to omit the chamfer on the top of the horizontal piece, so you're most likely going to end up either adding a piece on the top of that at the end, or using an in-place voide to remove part of the sloped piece.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 3
ryanpkremer
in reply to: rosskirby

Thanks for the quick response Ross, That's kind of what I figured. I'll go with a squared fascia profile all the way around with an in place void to chamfer the top on the slope side. Ryan P. Kremer Associate AIA GLMVArchitecture 9229 Ward Parkway, Suite 210 | Kansas City, MO 64114 Office 816-444-4200 | Fax 816-444-4355 Website| Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | G+ The information transmitted by this e-mail is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any interception, review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of action upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited by law. If you receive this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately at the telephone number listed above, and delete the communication from any computer or network system. Although this e-mail and attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by the sender.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report