Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roof bearing point

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
930 Views, 2 Replies

roof bearing point

here is an example of a section of a building with a roof that was created using the pick walls method. i am not sure, maybe i have not studied roofs enough, but i would like roof to use the exterior surface of the core to bear on, not the interior surface, is this a function of the family ietself, or is there a way to change this individually by roof instance? this is the way that most modern trussed roofs are these days; at least here in the south. in the olden days of hand framing, the rafters would bear in the interior surface and be notched out to rest flat on the top plate of the walls. nowadays, the truss has a flat surface on the bottom, and the bottom chord of the truss sits on the wall plate and the sloped part of the truss would bear on the exterior rough surface of the wall. thanks doug
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

dang it... i hate it when i post something and then find the answer 2 minutes later.... i changed the roof type from rafter to truss... and voila... now the only problem is that it seems to bear on the surface of the sheathing instead of the core.. but i will investigate further... "Douglas W Dunn" wrote in message news:40fecce3_3@newsprd01... > here is an example of a section of a building with a roof that was created > using the pick walls method. > > i am not sure, maybe i have not studied roofs enough, but i would like roof > to use the exterior surface of the core to bear on, not the interior > surface, is this a function of the family ietself, or is there a way to > change this individually by roof instance? this is the way that most modern > trussed roofs are these days; at least here in the south. in the olden days > of hand framing, the rafters would bear in the interior surface and be > notched out to rest flat on the top plate of the walls. nowadays, the truss > has a flat surface on the bottom, and the bottom chord of the truss sits on > the wall plate and the sloped part of the truss would bear on the exterior > rough surface of the wall. > > thanks > > doug > > >
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Typically walls are sheathed before you put a roof truss on, no? Seems like face of sheathing is correct...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report