Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIGHT CLICK MENU (WISH LIST)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dcormack
274 Views, 1 Reply

RIGHT CLICK MENU (WISH LIST)

It would be much more efficient to have something like the right click menu functions of Autocad Architecture. The contect menus are very good (even though the product development has slowed to near nil = retire soon?). Typical needs are

• copy clip/paste/cut etc
  • most common mod functions
  • change phase (present slect>go to props> scroll to find phasing>select created/demolished - could be one click straight to this.
  • edit boundary
  • annotation (quickly get to leader type/no leader etc - again its panel or QA bar then move to forat panel then pick then go back to props to pick text type .... I have the props on 2nd screen)

In other words all those frequently used

Is there a reason why Revit has menus so rigidly organsied (other than QA and tear off panels) .

Another related rigidity is yes you can place the tear off at a more convenient pick place but typically for Text the format panel is fixed.

Could go on but the heart of the question is can the menu functionality develop something like autocad has with context following the cursor (if you dont like it you can kill it!)

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
lanl
in reply to: dcormack

Hi dcormack,

Thanks for your feedback for the products. I have reported this function request to the development team. 

Meanwhile, I would also encourage you to log enchancement request with the link below when you think anything needed to be improved. Our product design team will read all the submitted forms.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Thanks.

Lei Lan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report