Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Right click customization” in Revit,

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
JamaL9722060
7345 Views, 15 Replies

I’m wondering if we are required each time to choose the “Finish Selection”. How might this be done by simply and only mouse “right click” the same way we do in the AutoCAD?

Thank you

Best

Jamal

Clip_44.jpg

Clip_43.jpg

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Actually, it is the first time I see this "Finish selection" option. Probably a simple enter will suffice?

Do not expect the features of AutoCAD to be present in Revit. This will lead to constant frustration. The same features don't need to be there. AutoCAD and Revit were created by different people in different times. To learn Revit, you need to let go of  the AutoCAD methods and habits.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 16

You are right.

thanks

Jamal

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
Message 4 of 16
ipselute
in reply to: JamaL9722060

Time-sensitive right-click is one of best options of all times in Autocad. It really saves me countless hours and worries. Keyboard shortcuts and right-click is the most efficient way to work in any design software. You should really consider bringing this right-click feature in Revit. It is the ultimate advantage against similar software like Tekla, Bocad, Allplan.

Message 5 of 16

What leads to constant frustration is losing time. The right-click customization does salve us time. They are all products from Autodesk, and the best products should keep the best features, or at least develop them! 

#rightclickcustomizationinrevit

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 16
joe.mccrory
in reply to: mariameneghin

has this right click customisation every been developed. I understand I shouldn't compare revit to autocad, but since I started using revit I am seeing mostly improvements on autocad, but in this issue it is not the case.

Message 7 of 16
RobDraw
in reply to: joe.mccrory

Revit is a completely different platform. Do not expect it to act like AutoCAD as was already stated earlier in this thread.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 8 of 16
pendean
in reply to: joe.mccrory

Nope, not an option so far.

Tell Autodesk all about your desires here https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback

Message 9 of 16
joe.mccrory
in reply to: RobDraw

Rob, as stated earlier by myself also, I do not expect to compare these 2 products, what I would like to see though is simple improvements in the software to make it more efficient over time.

From what i can see Revit is the natural progression of software from Acad MEP for our line of work.

After going through some development queries on Acad MEP with Autodesk, we discussed that Revit has learned from and improved upon lots of issues from Acad MEP and it is easy to see that this is the case. 

Just not on this issue though, it is as step backwards.

Ignoring Acad completely though, I think a right click customisation would be an improvement in Revit no?

Message 10 of 16
shannon

I will be requesting this item to be implemented into REVIT.   Using right-click to envoke commands is a life saver.  Might as well use buttons on the quick access bar now.  I hate using buttons.  Sigh. 

Message 11 of 16
shannon
in reply to: shannon

I entered this into Revit Ideas.  Go here to vote for it please:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/right-click-to-invoke-commands-enter/idi-p/9209708

Message 12 of 16
RobDraw

Your feature request needs some serious fact checking.

Rob

Message 13 of 16
weswftarch

You can make this happen by mapping your right mouse button to "enter" for Revit. Logitech's software requires another button to be mapped to "right-click". If you have a mouse with an extra button this provides a way to access the right click menu. Now if there was a way to make it cancel and then repeat we would be flying. 

Message 14 of 16
D.Rinck_Homij
in reply to: ipselute

I agree right click customization makes everything faster no clicking buttons neccesary most basic shortcut keys are not neccesary it overal speeds up the whole proces.

More detail should not mean loss of speed

This out with the old and in with the new mindset really bugs me revit should improve on Acad on all aspects but there are a lot of things that are inferior too Acad.

espescially with electrical systems such as network data installation

I had too make a dynamo script just to copy the text find and replace tool from acad to revit.

cause the find and replace in revit does not include tags of families.

which in network installation is like the best tool ever when replacing coding and such.

Just cause you go over to a 3d platform does not mean you have to do away with the good stuff of other 2d software had

Message 15 of 16
D.Rinck_Homij

I agree

Message 16 of 16
RobDraw

You guys belong in the IDEAS forum.

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report