Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revolving door as a curtain wall panel

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
841 Views, 3 Replies

Revolving door as a curtain wall panel

Hi, I have a curtain wall and revolving doors inside it. Is it possible to make so complex curtain wall panel? I was trying to make this new family the whole day, but curtain wall rejects it. Please, give me some suggestions. Damir Crnila
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

How did you 'start' to make your revolving door? I would probably opened an existing curtain wall door family, did a Saveas, and modified that to see if I could get it to work. Also, there is a revolving door family available at www.rugi.org but it's wall based. But you might be able to reverse engineer that one to see how to make your curtain panel version. Ultimately, send your attempted door to Revit support, and they will help you make it work. SD "Damir" wrote in message news:40b02e6d_2@newsprd01... > Hi, > I have a curtain wall and revolving doors inside it. Is it possible to make > so complex curtain wall panel? I was trying to make this new family the > whole day, but curtain wall rejects it. Please, give me some suggestions. > > Damir Crnila > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Make sure to set category of your family to Curtain Panels (use Settings | Family Category and Parameters dialog). "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:40b0cb2a_1@newsprd01... > How did you 'start' to make your revolving door? I would probably opened an > existing curtain wall door family, did a Saveas, and modified that to see if > I could get it to work. > > Also, there is a revolving door family available at www.rugi.org but it's > wall based. But you might be able to reverse engineer that one to see how > to make your curtain panel version. > > Ultimately, send your attempted door to Revit support, and they will help > you make it work. > > SD > > > "Damir" wrote in message news:40b02e6d_2@newsprd01... > > Hi, > > I have a curtain wall and revolving doors inside it. Is it possible to > make > > so complex curtain wall panel? I was trying to make this new family the > > whole day, but curtain wall rejects it. Please, give me some suggestions. > > > > Damir Crnila > > > > > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

That's exactly what I did. I tried to make the same revolving door as it comes with Revit library inside panel family. Then I started deleting my door elements to see what curtain wall accepts. Almost nothing left. Problems are mostly in curved extrusions. Damir "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:40b0cb2a_1@newsprd01... > How did you 'start' to make your revolving door? I would probably opened an > existing curtain wall door family, did a Saveas, and modified that to see if > I could get it to work. > > Also, there is a revolving door family available at www.rugi.org but it's > wall based. But you might be able to reverse engineer that one to see how > to make your curtain panel version. > > Ultimately, send your attempted door to Revit support, and they will help > you make it work. > > SD > > > "Damir" wrote in message news:40b02e6d_2@newsprd01... > > Hi, > > I have a curtain wall and revolving doors inside it. Is it possible to > make > > so complex curtain wall panel? I was trying to make this new family the > > whole day, but curtain wall rejects it. Please, give me some suggestions. > > > > Damir Crnila > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report