Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

CavCORP
Message 1 of 5 (1,481 Views)

Revit won't open after install....also cant uninstall it....

1481 Views, 4 Replies
06-14-2011 09:20 PM

hi guys

im having a bit of trouple at the moment. i have just built a new desktop setup using windows 7 64bit and the last thing i had to do was to install revit 2012. once installed i tried to open it but it only opened the opening screen and wouldnt load any further then would say it wasnt responding. after a number of times restarting my computer and running windows updates etc it still wouldnt open (autocad opens fine) i decided to uninstall it then reinstall but once i select uninstall/change it does nothing....so frustrating help me please

*Expert Elite*
LisaDrago
Message 2 of 5 (1,474 Views)

Re: Revit won't open after install....also cant uninstall it....

06-15-2011 05:26 AM in reply to: CavCORP

I would suggest going through a clean uninstall of the revit product. I have attached a link for your reference.

LD

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16828836&linkID=9243099

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Employee
ryan.duell
Message 3 of 5 (1,472 Views)

06-15-2011 05:29 AM in reply to: CavCORP

Also I would verify the following post as well:

Revit 2012 Hangs at Splash Screen or Crashes with Unrecoverable Error

Thanks again,

Ryan Duell
Autodesk, Inc.

Revit Clinic
@revitclinic

Thiefsie
Message 4 of 5 (1,101 Views)

09-18-2012 08:16 PM in reply to: ryan.duell

Hi There,

I've tried all the above solutions - complete uninstall - regedit removal and full reinstallation, xml file deletion etc, and still can not start revit 2012. What the hell is going on??

Interestingly I can't install the extensions as they supposedly are installed already and I don't know the reg product ID for them so I can't manually clean them out to be installed again either.

Can someone please help me as this is on my work computer and I can't get any work done in 2012 which is a disaster!

All that happens when I boot Revit 2012 is a completely blank dialogue box with an OK button, and the bug report says I am getting an Unhandled Exception.

Thiefsie
Message 5 of 5 (1,098 Views)

09-18-2012 08:54 PM in reply to: Thiefsie

Also installed a fresh Revit 2013 version (not on this computer before) and the exact same thing happens.... anybody have any smart ideas?

Is it a licensing issue? I'm using the serials on the back of the boxes I have...!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!