Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit won't open after install....also cant uninstall it....

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
CavCORP
2565 Views, 5 Replies

Revit won't open after install....also cant uninstall it....

hi guys

im having a bit of trouple at the moment. i have just built a new desktop setup using windows 7 64bit and the last thing i had to do was to install revit 2012. once installed i tried to open it but it only opened the opening screen and wouldnt load any further then would say it wasnt responding. after a number of times restarting my computer and running windows updates etc it still wouldnt open (autocad opens fine) i decided to uninstall it then reinstall but once i select uninstall/change it does nothing....so frustrating help me please

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
LisaDrago
in reply to: CavCORP

I would suggest going through a clean uninstall of the revit product. I have attached a link for your reference.

LD

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16828836&linkID=9243099

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 6
ryan.duell

Also I would verify the following post as well:

Revit 2012 Hangs at Splash Screen or Crashes with Unrecoverable Error

Thanks again,

Ryan Duell
Message 4 of 6
Thiefsie
in reply to: ryan.duell

Hi There,

I've tried all the above solutions - complete uninstall - regedit removal and full reinstallation, xml file deletion etc, and still can not start revit 2012. What the hell is going on??

Interestingly I can't install the extensions as they supposedly are installed already and I don't know the reg product ID for them so I can't manually clean them out to be installed again either.

Can someone please help me as this is on my work computer and I can't get any work done in 2012 which is a disaster!

All that happens when I boot Revit 2012 is a completely blank dialogue box with an OK button, and the bug report says I am getting an Unhandled Exception.

Message 5 of 6
Thiefsie
in reply to: Thiefsie

Also installed a fresh Revit 2013 version (not on this computer before) and the exact same thing happens.... anybody have any smart ideas?

Is it a licensing issue? I'm using the serials on the back of the boxes I have...!

Message 6 of 6
patrick

Did anyone find a solution to this?

I'm experiencing a similar problem with Revit 18.

Splash screen appeared but then showed (Not Responding) and Windows prompted me to close. Tried restarting a few times which didn't help.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling to the same effect.

Was told to uninstall all C++ and .NET programs which I did.

Uninstalled Revit again but the icon never disappeared from desktop. When I run installer again it says Revit is already installed. I have tried Uninstalling again through Control Panel. When I try to uninstall/change it shows the blue processing ring next to the cursor for an instant and then does nothing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report