Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit will not install on my computer... Please help!

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
cwright7080
21504 Views, 18 Replies

Revit will not install on my computer... Please help!

I am trying to download Revit 2015 on my computer and everytime I try, it fails. Any reason why this might be happening?

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
jessica.t
in reply to: cwright7080

Hi @cwright7080 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

To help ensure a successful download, try taking the following precautionary steps:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent

If the problem persists, please reply with further details on the download fail error. A screenshot would be great! Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 19
cwright7080
in reply to: jessica.t

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately it did not work. I just purchased the computer and it is windows 8. Could that be what the problem is?
Message 4 of 19
cwright7080

Here is the screen shot.

Message 5 of 19
jessica.t

Hi there! Apologies for the very late response! Please reply to this post with an attachment of your installation log file. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 6 of 19
Zeina94

The same thing is happening to me too! except im trying to download revit 2014. I also have windows 8 so maybe that could be the issue? Did you fix yours yet?

Message 7 of 19
jessica.t
in reply to: Zeina94

Hi @Zeina94,

Did you try my solution that's posted above? If you've tried all of the steps listed and the issue persists please reply to my post with a copy of your installation log file. And yes, Autodesk Revit 2014 is compatible with Windows 8. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 8 of 19

Hello, I am currently taking a class that requires us to use the student version of Revit 2014. I had revit 2014 previously installed on my computer, but when I updated my laptop recently to the new windows, Revit dissapeared. I have been trying to re-install it, and I am having no luck! It will let me download the 2015 and 2013 version, but I really need the 2014 version for my class. I have attached two photos of what the installer says when I try to download it. I would really appreciate your help!! 

Message 9 of 19
Zeina94

i figured it out, it turned out that i had to have my McAfee temporarily turned off when i dowloaded revit. I forgot if it was McAfee specifically but some kind of anti virus protector had to be turned off. then i turned it back on when revit finished downloading and no problems! i use it fine now

Message 10 of 19
tyman096

Go to control panel and open programs and features. Then open uninstall a program. Then search for the microsoft visual packages and uninstall every single one. Revit automatically installs these which is why it fails. Windows 8 is kind of a dumbed down version so people who cannot operate computers very well cannot hurt them. Once you have all of these visual packages uninstalled try installing again and see if that doesnt fix your problem.

P.S.if that doesnt uncheck content libraries from your install check list

~Fairmont State Architecture Student

Message 11 of 19
elleluminar77

Hello! 

Were you able to download your revit? Im experiencing the same problem! I know you posted this awhile back!

I would appreciate any help!

Message 12 of 19
Zeina94
in reply to: elleluminar77

Hi! yeah I had to change the settings on my McAfee I think? I forgot but it was something on there maybe under "virus and spyware protection" and/or "web and email protection" like make sure they're both on and firewall is checked on. Hope this may help!
Message 13 of 19
elleluminar77
in reply to: Zeina94

Sent from my iPhone
Message 14 of 19
Zeina94
in reply to: elleluminar77

did that end up helping?

Message 15 of 19
Port42780

I just purchased a brand new Dell XPS and am trying to install Autodesk Building Design Suite 2012. Our office purchased the software and I am downloading from the Autodesk USB stick.

For some reason the install goes all the way until the end and then fails to install REVIT and AutoCad.

Anyone have this issue?

Message 16 of 19

how can install the second computer auto desk / revit ?  because i had hp computer now i have Mac computer can you guys help me to install.

thank you 

Teddy 

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: tewodroskassie90

read system requirements 

you need to run windows on your MAC to install & run revit

Message 18 of 19
jmoore449

expired

Message 19 of 19
jonaslowyny

having issue to install Revit come up this message 

jonaslowyny_0-1672970701789.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report