Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit viewer mode?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
sultanmimar
21085 Views, 6 Replies

Revit viewer mode?

Hi everyone I am student and using Autodesk Revit 2015n student version.When I open revit, revit viewer mode openes instead.Can you help me.I am adding caps in order to explain the issue thanks..

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
philip.s
in reply to: sultanmimar

Hello!

The Revit Viewer will by default run after the trial period has expired and the software has not been activated.

Did you by chance already go through the activation process for this version on this machine? Are you prompted to activate when you open the software?

If not, one option would be to removing all Autodesk licensing info from your machine. Specifically by deleting the following: 

Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8:
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data.backup

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data.backup

Mac:

/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_*.data
/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_*.data_backup

This will trigger all Autodesk software to be reactivated. In the event a reactivation limit error message occurs when activating the software, please contact our License Assistance Team for direct support.

Message 3 of 7
sultanmimar
in reply to: philip.s

I did what you say but again same.However there is something interesting it work just like revit.In other words,I can save my project and use all functions which are same with original revit

Message 4 of 7
philip.s
in reply to: sultanmimar

Did you have to go through the activation process again when you first launched Revit? Can you confirm if it's opening up Revit or Revit Viewer?

Message 5 of 7
olteiu_rodica
in reply to: philip.s

I resolved my issue by doing the following:

first, I used the Uninstall Tool to just remove Revit 2015, I left all the other installed utilities on my system.

second, I opened the license file folder (C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\) and deleted everything there ( NOTE: the files are hidden by windows explorer by default so you need to enable "show hidden files" in the folder options for windows )

third, run the installer for Revit 2015 again. After installation I was prompted to enter my serial number, and prod. ID. After this installation finished. I closed the installation window and ran Revit 2015 and no longer receiving the Viewer Mode warning Dialog. I was able to open the Product License Information dialog from the main "R" menu and could see that my student license was activated now.

Hope this helps the next student struggling with this.

I also learned 3 things:

a) you need to activate your license and get an activation code from the student licensing portal (it will be emailed to you). They will ask your name, email, mailing address, phone number, institution, type of license (standalone), serial number and product ID. After this you will receive an email with activation code. This needs to be entered during activation.

b) On subsequent installations on new PC or reinstallations, you will not have to get the activation code again, as it is linked to your first activation under your student account login and the Revit 2015 Serial # and Prod. ID.

c) if you are reinstalling on a new compute, I RECOMMEND to export the license from the old computer before doing the new installation, then after intallation on the new PC, REVIT activation wizard will ask for the product serial number and prod. key and thje wizard will activate over the network automatically. Good Luck. This COMMUNITY does not provide good explanations of the licensing process.

UNFORTUNATELY There is little expert guidance and so you will definitely lose some hours trying to figure this out on your own. The threads posted on the subject have no resolutions or confirmation of solution,. If you post your question, you will wait for days possibly to get a reply.  Also the community forum administrators will remove your posts to make it appear as if there are no problems with Revit Activation. They will just leave an original question and a simple but ineffective reply by some Autodesk Community Expert, to create an appearance of a well supported product, which is not true. The support is moderate at best.  There is not telephone support.  So keep fighting the fight students, keep posting to these threads, follow up and post what worked for you... so others can benefit.  Autodesk is not making this easy on us.  Keep posting your comments here. It is likely that this post will not be seen here for long. so GOOD LUCK! 

here is a list of  links that i found helpful in my struggles to resolve this problem:

1. student license activation page
  2. Re-Activating Student License
  3. The Difference between Initial Activation and Re-Activation of product License
  4. Online Activation Registration
  5. Requesting Activation Codes
  6. http://www.autodesk.com/education/support

Message 6 of 7
chrisplyler
in reply to: olteiu_rodica

I feel your pain. I really do. I'm sorry you've had difficulty and am glad you have figured out how to rectify it.

But your sense of selfish entitlement is unbelievable.

1. Autodesk gave you your software for FREE. And as such Autodesk did not promise you the same level of support that they offer for paying customers. Even if they had, this forum is not how they offer it. This forum is primarily for users. The fact that a few Autodesk personel come in to this forum to help us is a luxury even for paying customers.

2. Autodesk owns this forum. They have a right to moderate it as they see fit. If you want to moan all over the place go to any one of the many other 3rd-party owned forums dedicated to Revit. Don't expect to spam several different threads here with your repetative whining, which may annoy other forum members, and have everyone jump to your aid and instantly solve your problem for you with a smile.

3. Yes, since your issue is one others have also experienced, it would be nice if Autodesk had a single solution prepared in advance that would work for everyone and that would automatically and immediately be posted to any thread containing the keywords student, license and viewer. In multiple languages. Along with a coupon for free pizza. But they don't, and they don't owe it to you.

4. They didn't remove your posts to hide the issue. They consolidated your repetive posts in which you revived a large handful of older threads with your whining. They might remove this post, but I hope you see it first.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

agree with the above

student licenses have never been entitled to free phone support of any kind

you are welcome to call a local reseller in your area for phone support but be prepared to pay for it

you are not considered a customer if you got the $4000 license for free

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report