Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit version 8 - Editing 3D contours

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
aliasrave
204 Views, 1 Reply

Revit version 8 - Editing 3D contours

Aaaaargh! *blowing in paper bag*
Have uni project due end of this month and I'm wishing I had more experience with this software. . . . But back to the issue at hand. . . .
I have of course imported my surveyors drawing and had Revit convert it's contours to 3D (hip hip hooray) I have attempted to edit the contours to suit the building pads but have failed miserably. I don't know what it is I'm doing wrong but the topography selects as a whole 3D mass element and won't go into edit mode.

2ndly, I am presuming that you should be able to edit contours around a building pad in elevation/section. Could any evil genious out there tell me how to go about this? Surely I shouldn't have to manually measure the depth of each of my 30 building pad depths in relation to their intruding contours to complete the edit?

Anyway, first things first, how do I get the contours to edit? I have tried following the steps through the 'help' toolbar but to no avail. I need to be able to edit in section as well as plan of the contours.

Oh. . .I have more questions but your assistance with just getting over this hurdle first would be a God send. 😉 Without meaning to sound like a whinger I'm the only student who knows anything about Revit and I'm starting to feel totally desperate to the stage where I wish I could pay someone to do it for me but can't find anyone I know who's familiar with the program. Since this is my very last degree subject to complete and everything is going crazy around me eg. computer motherboard had to be replaced & full data recovery done recently (get my dilemma?) I would so appreciate help
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Steve_Stafford
in reply to: aliasrave

When you select the toposurface, be certain that you are...what does the tool tip or status bar say you are selecting? Once you have it, click the Edit button on the Options Bar. That will put you back in Sketch Mode and you can alter points.

For you building pad, you want...well...the PAD tool on the Site design bar tab. This will let you sketch "a floor" that represents the excavation (finished) for the building and will drop the entire surface down to the elevation you assign it relative to a Level.

HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report