Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Use Increase Report

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cynthiadsgn
220 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Use Increase Report

FYI - Following is a link to a nice article on Revit and BIM in general:

http://www.tenlinks.com/NEWS/PR/AUTODESK/revit/010605_increase.htm

I still question why the secrecy on the "actual" sales numbers but wanted to share the information regardless.

Cyn
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: cynthiadsgn

See This is precisely the kind of thing that is causing concern - bullish reports everywhere and no evidence or hard numbers to support it. Are Autodesk paying people to write this stuff? In Ottawa, for example, the actual number of architects using Revit has increased 100% in the last three years from zero to one (more than 100% if you want to be pedantic about the math). This is underwhelming. And how is a "50% increase in productivity" being measured? Its like the ROI calculator on the Revit website which already assumes that there are inevitable productivity gains just from purchasing Revit and doing some training. But I think that is precisely the question at stake - is there any provable productive benefit from switching to Revit. "cynthiadsgn" wrote in message news:4443691.1105132867454.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > FYI - Following is a link to a nice article on Revit and BIM in general: > > http://www.tenlinks.com/NEWS/PR/AUTODESK/revit/010605_increase.htm > > I still question why the secrecy on the "actual" sales numbers but wanted to share the information regardless. > > Cyn
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Victor, Have you even tried Revit? Perhaps it would fit well into your workflow or perhaps not. The only way you can decide if it will work for you is to try it out. Our office was open to other solutions and started using Revit before Adesk bought it and found it to be a very good product. It is still a good product and has continued to improve once it was brought to Adesk. Our office also uses ADT and find that to work for us as well. Often times we let the nature of the product dictate what software solution is used. If it is any indication on the virtues of Revit our office has moved more and more projects to Revit over the past three years. I will not try to put a quantifiable number to the increase in productivity but it does help. If asked most of our staff would rather work on a project in Revit than ADT. These are real world observations I have made over the past 3 years. I would suspect you would find others with similar stories. Try the software, if you like it use it. If you don't find another solution. No one I know has a crystal ball that can predict the future. Just use the product that suits you needs right now, keep your eyes open for changes in the industry that could answer you needs in the future. Jeff Hanson "Victor" wrote in message news:41df05d7$1_2@newsprd01... > See > > This is precisely the kind of thing that is causing concern - bullish > reports everywhere and no evidence or hard numbers to support it. Are > Autodesk paying people to write this stuff? > > In Ottawa, for example, the actual number of architects using Revit has > increased 100% in the last three years from zero to one (more than 100% if > you want to be pedantic about the math). This is underwhelming. > > And how is a "50% increase in productivity" being measured? Its like the > ROI calculator on the Revit website which already assumes that there are > inevitable productivity gains just from purchasing Revit and doing some > training. But I think that is precisely the question at stake - is there any > provable productive benefit from switching to Revit. > > > > "cynthiadsgn" wrote in message > news:4443691.1105132867454.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > FYI - Following is a link to a nice article on Revit and BIM in general: > > > > http://www.tenlinks.com/NEWS/PR/AUTODESK/revit/010605_increase.htm > > > > I still question why the secrecy on the "actual" sales numbers but wanted > to share the information regardless. > > > > Cyn > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

From the article: "Autodesk Revit has been adopted quickly by the most forward-thinking practices -- firms that are seeking to really improve their business by using technology," What type of firm are you in? "Victor" wrote in message news:41df05d7$1_2@newsprd01... > See > > This is precisely the kind of thing that is causing concern - bullish > reports everywhere and no evidence or hard numbers to support it. Are > Autodesk paying people to write this stuff? > > In Ottawa, for example, the actual number of architects using Revit has > increased 100% in the last three years from zero to one (more than 100% if > you want to be pedantic about the math). This is underwhelming. > > And how is a "50% increase in productivity" being measured? Its like the > ROI calculator on the Revit website which already assumes that there are > inevitable productivity gains just from purchasing Revit and doing some > training. But I think that is precisely the question at stake - is there any > provable productive benefit from switching to Revit. > > > > "cynthiadsgn" wrote in message > news:4443691.1105132867454.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > FYI - Following is a link to a nice article on Revit and BIM in general: > > > > http://www.tenlinks.com/NEWS/PR/AUTODESK/revit/010605_increase.htm > > > > I still question why the secrecy on the "actual" sales numbers but wanted > to share the information regardless. > > > > Cyn > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

sounds like you havent used Revit? Or maybe havent been trained enough to give it a try? "Victor" wrote in message news:41df05d7$1_2@newsprd01... > See > > This is precisely the kind of thing that is causing concern - bullish > reports everywhere and no evidence or hard numbers to support it. Are > Autodesk paying people to write this stuff? > > In Ottawa, for example, the actual number of architects using Revit has > increased 100% in the last three years from zero to one (more than 100% if > you want to be pedantic about the math). This is underwhelming. > > And how is a "50% increase in productivity" being measured? Its like the > ROI calculator on the Revit website which already assumes that there are > inevitable productivity gains just from purchasing Revit and doing some > training. But I think that is precisely the question at stake - is there > any > provable productive benefit from switching to Revit. > > > > "cynthiadsgn" wrote in message > news:4443691.1105132867454.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >> FYI - Following is a link to a nice article on Revit and BIM in general: >> >> http://www.tenlinks.com/NEWS/PR/AUTODESK/revit/010605_increase.htm >> >> I still question why the secrecy on the "actual" sales numbers but wanted > to share the information regardless. >> >> Cyn > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report