Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Unusable due to interface (attached image)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
379 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Unusable due to interface (attached image)

I have used Revit before, but I just downloaded it again (academic version) to try out a project with it. Unfortunately, it is completely unusable due to the whole interface "jumping" down about an inch when I click in the main model space.

This is due to the toolbars changing when I click, and adding another row or two, which makes the main model area shift down. This is a huge problem because Revit thinks I am dragging the cursor up an inch, when in actuality, the window is just jumping downwards.

If I could force Revit to make those toolbars all show up on the same horizontal space, instead of each one using its own space, it would work as it shoud I think. But I cannot move those "modal" toolbars that appear when I click.

Please help me if you can, because I would really like to get some work done.

I am on a Macbook Pro and Windows XP (not Parallels), if it matters.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

How did you get the Press + Drag and Filter button to be on separate lines from the Propagate Extent button? My Revit Architecture 2008 release with Build 20071109_2345 does not show these buttons, check box on separate lines, but on the single Option bar line as designed or intended. So I presume that is the cause of your problem.

What release and build are you using? Check HELP - Product and License information.

Mel Perisn, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and Realsize Solutions
MasterGraphics, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
JeffreyMcGrew

I'm on a MacBookPro, running XP, and that's not the trouble you're having.

A friend of mine's computer was doing the same thing. It was due to his display driver. Are you using any fancy multi-monitor management software that came with your display driver? Are you using the Boot Camp provided display driver or something else? I don't have this problem for example, and it sounds like I've got the same setup you do...
Message 4 of 5
RevitIt

I guess you've already close and reopen Revit. If it didnt fix it, delete the revit.ini and start again
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Well, thanks to your help, I fixed the problem. It was an issue with using multiple monitors. On the Macbook Pro display, Revit works like it should, however the external display (Dell 2007FPW) that I always use is where the problem shows up. So I will just use the built-in display for now.

Thanks again for all your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report