Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Topo - controlling contour lines

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
architex2009
2204 Views, 6 Replies

Revit Topo - controlling contour lines

I have a small residential project with corner lot sloping up diagonally from the intersection.
The client wants to raise 'usable' surface of the site by introducing terracing - 3 retaining walls 3' high and 3' apart.
All is interrupted by a driveway and series of steps leading to the main level.
I'm trying to modify existing surface, but the topo seems to have 'life of it's own'
I've tried to Split some surfaces to make life easier. That worked to some extent...
Any trick on how to make the topography cooperate?
Is there a way to 'turn off' triangulation? ( not the visibility )
I'm certain the contours I'm creating can be built, but Revit is 'changing' them to something else.
Some points that I place are simply ignored...
Revit's Help is no 'help', as there is no explanation of contour's behavior.
Is there a good source for this topic?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Can you post an image, please?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 7

Here is 3D shot.

Message 4 of 7

Well, I would use Split surface combined with changes to the elevations of the points that define the split surface and the points of the adjacent areas.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 7

Hi,

While I am Trying to form contours from lines using Plugin names Topo from lines.

I got error, Mentioned in Image.

Message 6 of 7
sabatierae
in reply to: artushar.93

Uninstall your plugin download it here and reinstall.. I've done that and it works now..

Message 7 of 7
seawasp
in reply to: artushar.93

Lines must be Model lines and circles must be split into 2 segments. See if that works!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report