Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revit to sketchup

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
sabtf7
7286 Views, 25 Replies

revit to sketchup

So i have designed in revit this beautiful building for my thesis project and it is very curvy and i have tried several different ways to import it into sketchup but every time i do the buildings curves are such a mess that i can't even work with it. Is there a way to import without loosing the design? please help!

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26

I think it is possible to create a family with some profiles (the section of the forms), and create one basic unit, that can be inserted in a project, and repeated.

See attached illustration.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 22 of 26
sabtf7
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Dang what you looked really good i will have to try that for my self thank you for your help

Message 23 of 26
parveen.revit
in reply to: ccollins

Dear sabtf7,

Your feedback in important for other users. please share you experience.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)
Message 24 of 26
mnsnatalie
in reply to: ccollins

hey im facing the same issue. I built my building on revit using masses mostly and when i take it to sketchup all my massed walls seem to transform into this messed up mesh that is half incomplete. how can i fix this?
Message 25 of 26
chrisplyler
in reply to: sabtf7

#1. I've seen several tutorials on youtube about how to bring Sketchup furniture and stuff into Revit families. Maybe that is a more suitable workflow for you?

#2. Rhetorical political question that doesn't belong in this forum: Why do we design $500/sqft schools when we can't pay our teachers?

Message 26 of 26
mnsnatalie
in reply to: chrisplyler

i'll check that out. thanks chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report