Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit to DWG Hatch Transparency Issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
t.fay
2327 Views, 1 Reply

Revit to DWG Hatch Transparency Issue

I am updating our office's Revit to DWG export tool, which appears to be quite temperamental. An issue I cannot seem to resolve is the export of transparent hatches to DWG.

In Revit, you can view hatches overlaid or hatches over a ceiling grid when they are set as transparent. When I export to DWG, the transparency of the hatches doesn't seem to transfer, meaning the information behind the top hatch is lost. Please see the attached images.

Have I missed something?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: t.fay

Is your TPY / Transparency turned on in AutoCAD? See Attachment

To fix the hatch over the other hatch. Change the draw order from the one hatch to be on top of the other hatch (See Attachment)

In revit you will have to change the hatch from Opaque to transparent in the Type Properties dialog box.

Another option would be to change the transparency value in AutoCAD.

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report