Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revit structure and timber

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Akunkinga
894 Views, 7 Replies

revit structure and timber

Does anyone know how to create a timber firring strip  to create a fall on a timber roof roof in revit 2013

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Do you mean battens?

• Set the Work Plane on the Timber Roof surface plane (by Pick a plane)
  • Structure> Beam System>on the roof plane trace the border of the surface covered by battens (Boundary Line)
  • Adjust the Beam Direction to be perpendicular on the rafters
  • from Properties > Pattern>Layout Rule - adjust the distnce between the battens
  • from Properties >Beam Type - choose the dimensions of the battens (from Contenrt Generator or you famiy base)

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 8

No not battens. A firring strip is a wedge shape strip of timber

placed on each (flat) roof joist to create a slope.

I have 50x150 timber joists

which are laid flat and the roof over will be at a slight slope

thanks

Message 4 of 8
Akunkinga
in reply to: Akunkinga

Also I should have said the firring strips run the same direction as the joists, they are actually fitted one to each joist

Message 5 of 8
Akunkinga

Essentially I need to show a timber that looks the same shape as a door wedge

Message 6 of 8
awes

Model a timber beam. Take a side view. Draw a ref.plane describing the sloping part of your wedge. Use cut geometry. Well, it might eventually work because you are not able to choose which side is to be cut. Or then you can use the super tool for openings - opening by face; Choose the same side view, choose beam, opening by face, mark the part of the beam that is to be cut away with an opening. Regards, Anders

Message 7 of 8

In the attached file you can find a parametric family for a wedge-firring . I made it as generic model by face so to be attached to a choosen surface , but if necessary can be done as structural frame so to be used in Beam System.....

The Height and Length are instance parameters and the angle is shown also as to verify. If necessary the angle can be setted and the height only shown...

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 8 of 8

I forgot you work in 2013....so I attached now a a R2012 family.....

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report