Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Still Says Printing after Print Jobs Complete

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Brandon3342
309 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Still Says Printing after Print Jobs Complete

All,

I have a client who has multiple users in Revit.  They are complaining that after Revit prints, and the print job is complete, that Revit sometimes continues to pop up in the system  tray that it is printing and Revit runs slow.  This happens for multiple users.  They have multiple versions of Revit, and I'm not sure if this is only on one or not.  Just curious if anyone has run into this before.

Thanks,

Brandon

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Brandon3342

Hi Brandon, welcome to the DIscussion Groups!

At what consistency does your client report this occurring? Does this only occur when printing "Selected views/sheets" by chance?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
Brandon3342
in reply to: CoreyDaun

We weren't able to recreate it while I was there, and he could remember if it occurred with anything specific, so I honestly can't answer yet. I've asked for more details. I think this is more of a nuisance every now and again issue. I'll update if I get more data.
Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun

There's a similar problem that we encountered here at this office. It only occurred when printing multiple files and seem to be an intermittent problem that no one could reproduce, so your situation sounds similar in that respect. I found that our error was caused if the last place that the user clicked was in the Project Browser or if the current View is non-printable (i.e. a Schedule View) prior to printing. See if they can reproduce this error by opening a View from the Project Browser and then printing immediate after that (don't click in the View Window).

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
rosskirby

This happens to me every once in a while as well.  It only seems to happen when I've had Revit open for a long time, or have been opening/saving/closing multiple files in one session of Revit.  It's not really a huge issue.  They can just hit ESC and it will go away, or they can close and re-open Revit, and it should be fine.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report