Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit startup page gone

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
5dtgeorgiton4
1999 Views, 4 Replies

Revit startup page gone

Help! I am using a trial version of Revit 2015 in preparation for a class I will be taking.

I was following along with a tutorial  video for this course & I obviously clicked wrong on the create building pad tool because the building pad was superimposed onto my floorplan view. I was trying to get the pad to go away & couldn't- so I closed out of the file I had open. Now when I go to open Revit- it goes directly to sheet that says "unregistered user" but the sheet is not active. Have I killed my trial version? If not how do I get it back to opening the startup page (where I can choose my templates? I can open older files but no startup page.

Please help- I need all the time to practice that I can get before my class starts.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi there,

If I understood you correctly, you are looking for your welcome/splash screen? If you are, you can click on the "Big R" to the top left of your screen and click on Options to the bottom right of the window. Browse to "User Interface" and enable the checkbox for Enable Recent Files at Startup. Your welcome/splash screen will now be active.

http://revitrecess.blogspot.com/
Message 3 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: 5dtgeorgiton4

Or you select View, User Interface, Recent Files.

Recent Files.png

Herman's solution is a default setting. Above solution is on a case by case solution.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 4 of 5
5dtgeorgiton4
in reply to: L.Maas

Hi Enlit-

Thank you for your response! Herman's solution worked. I have a question regarding your response.

I reset the default and got the startup page that was missing.  So I opened a project - went to View/User Interface and the recent files box was not checked even though I had reset the default. The connection between the two has me a bit confused.

Should I keep this box checked?

Thank you again for your very prompt response.

Debbie

Message 5 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: 5dtgeorgiton4

No, what actually happens is when you open or start a new project, the start page is 'closed' by Revit and only will show again when all projects are closed. The solutionm I showed will make it possible to show the startpage when one or more projects are open.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report