Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Server installation - script required for this install could not be run.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
BornhorstWard
675 Views, 5 Replies

Revit Server installation - script required for this install could not be run.

I've tried installing revit server 2012 a number of ways on our main server, it works fine on other servers but not on the one it needs to be on.
The error I get is: "There is a problem with this windows insteller package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor." 
The log shows nothing of interest.
 If I try running the msi directly from the x64\tools\revitserver directory I notice that htis error occurs right after it says its installing the services. 

Can anyone help me trouble shoot this? where else can I find information on what script it is that is required? 

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ryan.duell
in reply to: BornhorstWard

You do not want to run the .msi installer from that directory [x64\Tools\RevitServer\RevitServer.msi], as it is not the full installer and there will be errors.  That is the core component that is utilized by the main installer.  Please ensure you have followed the process below:

Upgrading Revit Server 2011 to 2012

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 6

Sorry my post was a bit confusing - I've actually tried both running it from the installer, and running it from the msi. 

I've followed the procedure you linked and am still experiencing errors. 

Message 4 of 6
ryan.duell

Are you still unable to install?  Have you tried shutting down the server and restarting to see if the issue persists?  Please let me know if you require further assistance on this issue.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 5 of 6
Bittlelum1

Ryan:

I also installed Rever Server 2012 from Tools/Utilites  on the disk and got a complete install. I can see the service running on Revit Administrator through I.E. though there are no models there yet.

This is on a new server on which I just installed Win2008x64R2 plus the added roles. My 2011 version is still up and running on another set of servers. I am not doing a upgrade of the original installation.

My result is a different problem. I expected to be prompted for server type (central or local) and server name as was the case with the Revit Server 2011 installation. I did not get these prompts. I also tried the installation from the .mis to see if the result would be different, it wasn't.

As an aside: It is inconvenient to be forced to install the server components from the main DVD or an ISO of the DVD. If would be preferrable to have a stand alone installer for the server components.

What am I missing?

Message 6 of 6
ryan.duell
in reply to: Bittlelum1

As mentioned earlier, if you install from the Tools/Utilities on the disc from the .msi, the installation will not complete properly.  

You will not be prompted for all of the same options during installation, which is why the Revit Server installation should not be run in this manner.

I have passed along the feedback regarding the separate installer [similar to the 2011 installer for Revit Server].  Unfortunately for the 2012 release it is only part of the main installer.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report