Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Server Accelerator constantly caching entire file

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
A2K_TechSR
454 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Server Accelerator constantly caching entire file

I have a customer who has a RS network and is suffering from being very slow when opening project files.

They recently setup some network packet monitoring between the Host and Accelerator, and another between the Host and Client.

An initial open was done on the Client to get the file to sync completely to the Accelerator. They closed it, and re-opened.

What they found was as the Client was opening the already cached file from the Accelerator, there was a massive amount of data transfer between Host and Accelerator. This data transfer was equal to the size of the project file being opened. When the data transfer stopped, the file then opened on the Client.

They also checked the data between Host and Client, and found it to be barely anything at all. So this proved the Client wasn't accessing the project direct from the Host.

So the question is, if the file was already cached on the Accelerator, why is it trying to constantly re-cache the file every time it is opened?

This is happening on all files on the RS network.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sgoodmansen
in reply to: A2K_TechSR

This is similar to what I see on my revit server as well.  We've just lived with the slow opening speed, but I'd love to see if there is an answer to this.

Message 3 of 5
Chad-Smith
in reply to: A2K_TechSR

As the person who posted the original post in this thread (unfortunately under the wrong account), I'm disappointed to see this pushed away into the Autodesk Support system.

I would like to hear directly from someone on the development team who is able to help diagnose this issue, as the internal Autodesk Support is currently going nowhere with more requests for information which has previously been supplied. We are just going around in circles.

If need be, have someone contact our customer directly, and even remote into their servers. This is just taking far too long.

The internal ticket number is 10212296.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Chad-Smith

Dear Chad,

Did you find a solution? We have the same issue now and all the topics on this forum related to this problem seem to be dead end.

Regards,

Máté

Message 5 of 5
Chad-Smith
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry, no solution was found.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report