Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Server 2012 Permissions

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
sdmohammed
1396 Views, 8 Replies

Revit Server 2012 Permissions

We have Revit Server 2012 and local server on 6 Remote location. Is there  any way to assign users or group permission to limit access specific projects.  Where as all users can see every project. 

Please let us know  any chance we can get permissions added to Revit Server so I can setup group policies and limit which files are replicated to certain users or Group? 

If anyone out there knows how to setup permissions and group policies that would limit viewing/replication, please let me know.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ryan.duell
in reply to: sdmohammed

Unfortunately it is not currently possible to assign specific user permissions on a project by project basis.  You can set up basic permissions on a central or local server.

I have included one document for the extent of some permission controls for Revit Server below:

Setting Up Administration Permissions

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 9
christate2164
in reply to: ryan.duell

Hi,

Do we know when we may be able to control user permissions through Revit server?  I notice that even basic windows autentication using AD on the project structure is ignored as Revit Server uses 'Network Service' to request and access data from the file server.  This seems to be a serious flaw in what otherwise is a fantastic product.

Thanks

Chris

Message 4 of 9

To clarify, I am refering to file access and not user access to the admin portal..... Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
sdmohammed
in reply to: christate2164

Query was related to revit file access, was expecting this feature will be included in Revit 2012.
still we cant centralized our projects on one platform due to file security breach. 

Message 6 of 9
Alfredo_Medina

I don't know about IT issues, but since I am in the process of setting up my own server with Revit Server, I understand from my IT consultant that this concern you have about security is taken care of by a firewall, but not just the feature we know that comes inside the operating system, but a physical device, that is connected to the server. Do you have that device?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 9

I would be very interested in understanding how this solution would work.  Do you have any further details on the required technical setup?

Thanks

Message 8 of 9

@christate2164 wrote:

I would be very interested in understanding how this solution would work.  Do you have any further details on the required technical setup?

No, I don't know the details. You may want to search information about hardware firewalls and consult an IT professional.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 9 of 9
ccollins

Autodesk Vault, when used with Revit Server, may possibly solve the file access issue you are asking about.

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report