Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Sections

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
SMILES
461 Views, 1 Reply

Revit Sections

Revit sections....

I am used to Autocad Architecture where I typically detail out my sections.  I show the top and bottom plates, gypsum wallboard, beam sections, ACT tile layout, etc... 

In Revit, the annotation scale seems to be too small to make it look good.  I just get thick lines at 1/4" scale - looks sloppy.  I have detail set to fine, but it does not seem to do anything until I set the scale to 1-1/2"=1'-0" or greater.

Just curious how everyone else does it.  Are your sections just basic linework and you dont add components until you get into wall sections or details.

I have watched tons of videos, and read the tutorials but I have not yet seen anyone actually take a section from start to finish on the sheet.  Everyone just shows how you put the section mark down and it atuomatically creates a section view....  Thats great but there is a lot more to do in my mind, I think I know how to add the callouts and annotation but it does not seem very good if I am not pointing at the insulation or pointing to the beam, etc...

I hope this makes sense - any help would be appreciated!

Steve Miles

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ccollins
in reply to: SMILES

check this website out:

http://revit-detail.blogspot.com/

As for your question--Revit uses WYSIWYG ( what you see is what you get )--so, the "thick" lines you see when zoomed in are how they will plot/print. You can use Thin Lines view setting to see more fine detail when editing; but it will not print as displayed in Thin Lines view.

Just like text sizes and annotations adjust per view scale and plot accordingly.

Revit differs from Cad here--no more annotation plot scales ( 1/96 xp, blah blah....)

Do not add Detail Components at scales where they will not read or print properly--add them into enlarged details

with scale greater than 1/2" as a rule; or even larger--1", 1 1/2", 3", 6" etc.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report